Reverse braking current at stop/standstill to prevent rolling?

Still no bueno, i hate it

1 Like

now you’re being unreasonable. :smiley:

I would agree if there was a VESC that could handle enough voltage and current to power a car or truck, but a PEV that’s stationary on a hill you can just put your foot down.

I guess maybe if you wanna park your VESCkart on a hill bit that’s pretty damn niche in a field that’s already super niche

I like doing reverse burnouts while i’m still moving forward, i’m savage like that.

4 Likes

hardcore. make a video, I don’t believe it till you prove it. :smiley:

As @xsynatic already said, bindings and heels straps exist.

1 Like

Again pretty niche. I’d venture to say that probably the majority of esk8s on the road are longboard style not mountainboard style. Also if you’re stationary slipping a foot out of a strap to keep from rolling backwards seems like a decent tradeoff

The VESC has a lot of niche features, thats why many people use it. If you want a mainstream product just use a lingy or a decent sized RC ESC like in the old days.

Also I’d argue that MTBs are the second biggest esk8 group after street boards.

1 Like

Fair. You’re gonna have to wait on this one though, until i have an MTB back under my feet.

It happens on the urethane boards but usually only one wheel, and you don’t get the dramatic shower of dust and rocks like you do on the mtb on a gravel track.

Rumour has it my friends are still picking rocks out of their teeth to this day.

2 Likes

hahaha so you’re the type of guys who showers other peoples cars with pebbles, good to know. :smiley:

1 Like

Otherwise known as an 'orrible cunt

2 Likes

+1 (and 2 characters)

1 Like

I use smart reverse but I have no counter argument to this. I keep my urethane boards on current mode bc of this

In VESC Tool go to App Settings > “PPM” > Control Type and select “Current Hyst Reverse With Brake”. It’s designed for the situation you described; takes a ride or two to get used to but it’s very natural after that IMO. For a more detailed explanation, press the question mark icon next to the Control Type field, and it explains all control schemes.

Never challenge a bogan.

2 Likes

I’m using hyst reverse right now and it doesn’t do this for me, if I don’t hit the remote I still roll on hills.

That’s the point, it applies negative brake so that you stop rolling forward.

On other words it’s like reverse, but it’s limited to 1km/h, and you counter the gravity with amps going in reverse.