Revel at the "brand" new competitor in the direct drive Esk8 race!

This thread has so much knowledge to give I love it. Just searched and found someone having a similar issue with the battery way back in 2019 and some suggested solutions of applying spray silicone or ArmorAll(which is supposedly safe on plastic) to help the battery slide out easier. Hopefully that works. I’ll report back after trying.

1 Like

Silicone spray works. It is also sold as “RV slide-out lubricant”. ArmorAll also works.

If your roads are dusty, the best thing is using electrical tape to tape the seam around the battery. It keeps the road grit out of the sliding surface. The critical part is where the wheels throw grit at the seam. A 99 cent roll of electrical tape will last a season.

If you do a nice 360 degree tape around the seam then you prevent the scenrio where grit and moisture harden into a thin cement that locks the sliding surfaces together.

1 Like

as @pkasanda suggested, I think silicone spray is a good bet. I’d be curious to see if using graphite powder as a form of lubricant would work well in this situation as well. Either way, consistently cleaning the kit and the battery is the best bet for keeping battery removal smooth.

Edit: Upon further consideration, seeing as graphite powder is conductive, it’s probably not the brightest idea to use it in this case. wouldn’t want to cause an accidental short circuit.

1 Like

Hi all,

Was just swapping the wheels on my kit when I’ve noticed all 4 screws that hold the adapter to the motor have come out

Does anyone know what the specs are for the screws so I can order some replacements?

1 Like

sorry for reviving old thread, but anyone knows which barrel jack is the revel kit using? 5.5x2.5 or 5.5x2.1?

@ShutterShock maybe u know? TIA

Just in case anyone else has any missing screws in the future, they’re 8mm by 4mm.

1 Like

I have that jack at home that I could measure, but won’t be home until Friday. If you still want me to measure it, ping me then

1 Like

How do I fix this? Should I solder it back on?

Oh god haha I don’t know if you can

You could solder wires but the posts that hold the port on won’t work

Probably easier to order a new micro connector from Amazon or aliexpress

One of the posts is still attached to the usb port, the other is stuck in the board. How do I take it out? Do I just use glue to put a new connector in?

They’re soldered into the board, you can just desolder the other post

Oh, okay. Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve measured mine, it should be 5.5 x 2.1, but still want to make sure we get same answer :bowing_man:t2:

1 Like

The best price I found for double barrel bushings was here:

Free shipping over $50 and the price per pair is not much more than $10.00 CDN/$8 USD

So far I’ve only installed the Venom 97a.

but all of these have dimensions that match the Revel Kit.

Alright haha I’ll measure when I get home today. You may have to remind me though

1 Like

thanks man I will try my best, im glad u r on the west coast or else i will have to get up even earlier :joy:

1 Like

Has Revel upgraded the remote to fit a bigger battery yet? I’m about to buy a massive ~1000mah battery and just strap it to the outside of the remote.

I don’t believe the case has been changed quite yet. I was about to fit a 500 in mine without modification

I think im one of the latest people to get the revel kit, I got mine less than a week old. Here is the small remote batt

Oh, okay. So it looks like they did put a bigger battery in, it used to be 250mah. I have a 500mah in right now, but might wait til they enlarge the back cover before I get an even bigger battery. Even the bigger 500mah doesn’t last very long, not sure why. Maybe I’m charging it too fast and damaging the battery but im only charging it at 1 to 2 amps so idk.