Revel at the "brand" new competitor in the direct drive Esk8 race!

Every time a China company says this, I always assume Samsung INR18650-15M unless told otherwise.

That’s like saying a “high-quality Ford car” without saying whether it’s a Focus or Mustang. Hint: don’t assume Mustang…

8 Likes

or 18650 22p, but they are ok in 4p configuration imo.

The 22p is a very crappy esk8 battery

My 5p from diyeboard had (barely) acceptable range and power but that’s only because there was 50 of them…

I can’t imagine how underwhelming a 2p will be 🤷

5 Likes

yeah in 2p its horrible. can’t compare to other cells so far because riding just 22p cells, but as i mentioned its totally acceptable for me.
Power and range all good so far imo. There will be better ones but even though weaker ones lol. Riding them 10s4p and I’m pretty happy so far, not that much sag, but you will be right. there is a reason why most girls and guys in here using 30q:grinning: but i have to find out for myself

1 Like

I’m being told it’s Samsung 30Q, at least in the larger battery pack.

Also this is what I had to say on another thread someone made:

If it was 30Q, you think they’d advertise that though? The fact they don’t is extremely suspicious.

6 Likes

IKR. Person I asked doesn’t know what cells the smaller battery is using so he has to ask the engineers.

Totally reminds me of SoCal Legend saying the GTR has 30Qs when it doesn’t, don’t get me wrong, he get people together for our “hobby” and actually puts boards together as a job now. But social media “influencers” are often like booth workers at tech shows, they only know what their boss tells them and sometimes forget the lines. We look for these info because we build and learned for a few years, their usual audience and demographic probably wouldn’t know if the pack was made with mashed potatoes.

5 Likes

Get fucked carvon.

That is all

9 Likes

If I was them, and we didn’t use 30Q, I would strive for a situation where we said “Samsung” and then rumours spread that they were 30Q. That would be the most ideal situation.

So until I see evidence otherwise, that’s what these folks are doing, from my perspective. They are Samsung 15M cells until proven otherwise on the official spec sheet.

5 Likes

Yup. He told me 30Q but I posted on Instagram and FB as UNKNOWN. Need them to open it up and show me they are 30Q for me to post that.

@Brenternet LMFAO! I say that about eLofty! But with Revel and Landwheel I know it’s not Jerry. Still not going to bite on this one. Got a Mellow now, I like it enough for what it is.

3 Likes

Onan 4Wd foc for the win. Rock solid!
over.

1 Like

seriously? still working to this day? I’m actually amazed. I rode with a guy who had an Onan, battery fell out while riding almost killed me

1 Like

Even tearing open a review unit isn’t enough, because they can just put better cells in the review units :smirk:

It actually has to say 30Q officially or it’s extremely suspect.

They could send John D. Youtuber a unit with 30Q in it and sell 15M or 22P in the production units. And never be lying, just letting folks assume their “Samsung” cells are 30Q.

1 Like

Nahhh! For The battery is on chance to fall out, you didn’t locked them right in, thats what happened. Still Working? Are you kidding?
We are talking about the new generation and this thing isn’t that easy to beat. Believe me, I’m abusing this thing like a mad man, riding in the rain and jumping of curbs etc…nothing except the inner alu parts that break, but i got a solution for that with onan parts. 700 bucks for a 4Wd you can mount on any deck you want. try it and i bet you will change your mind.

2 Likes

Flo here with Revel Boards. I can confirm we are using 30Qs for the 216Wh battery upgrade. Please check out the battery upgrade section on the Kickstarter page if you want to see it in writing :grinning:

7 Likes

@Mikenopolis

first pic them broken “rips”
second the new part for exchange
third the steel ring i will add on the exchanged part.
this will survive a rolling tank then.
edit: I will post on a thread i will open when I’m going to do the mod on the exchange parts and will tag you then.
Again: Battery never ever falls of-never! Bad thing 22p cells 159wh but strong as fuck. I live in a hilly area like SF and this thing performs uphill like a champ!

1 Like

Ahh, so it’s an optional upgrade available. Not standard.

5 Likes

We went with the 159Wh for the standard pack, so it’s travel-friendly!

5 Likes

Last thing: @Mikenopolis 700bucks with 2 remotes, 2 chargers, 2 battery packs, 4 exchange wheel sleeves,rock solid remote connection, rock solid hubs imo and super silent powerful foc mode etc. Beat That!
Sorry @revel_flo for highjacking your thread. I will stop here.Thank you. Im looking forward your drive and all best wishes from me.

2 Likes