Revel at the "brand" new competitor in the direct drive Esk8 race!

still pre-order?
Thought you guys skipped that phase

Whens the expected ship date?

1 Like

What we were able to skip is the time required to run the KS campaign and the additional weeks required to get the actual funds. With that in mind, we are now able to ship end of August instead of October as it was slated for the KS campaign!

1 Like

Hello Flo, any sneak pics of the production ?

also interested in the drives only :slight_smile:

same here

Hello All, Hi Mike and Flo:

I’ve had the Revel Kit for a month. Jason shipped it to me. I’ve prepared a video review. I hope you find the review informative:

13 Likes

Does the package come with both flywheel and kegel mounting hardware?

The Revel Kit Web site lists the compatible wheels.

Perhaps @revel_flo will follow-up with an answer to your Kegel Adapter question.

1 Like

I don’t want to assume it comes with both adapters but if it does that’s a nice bonus.

thanks for the review !

I couldn’t even find the kegel Adapter to buy separately… so if it’s not included, how do you buy it? Lol

Or maybe im blind.
It’s definitely not clear if it’s included or not.

1 Like

Yeah I think it’s just listed that it’s compatible with kegel or flywheel wheels but not clear on how and there’s no option to choose what style wheel you want during checkout.

Sorry guys! Although I’m “watching” this thread I don’t seem to be getting any email alerts. Not sure what’s going on. Thanks for the heads up @Mikenopolis

Awesome, Paul! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the Revel Kit so far.

Yes! Both ABEC and Kegel adapters are included with every Revel Kit order.

3 Likes

To further clarify, the ABEC adapters work with the included 90mm 74a Revel wheels, so they will come pre-installed on the Revel Kit. But Kegel adapters are also included in the box.

4 Likes

I don’t like that you are tempting me to open my wallet!

6 Likes

Nicely done, Paul. Looks like a great new option.

@revel_flo definitely trying to clear funds for this awesome kit. But my recent build was a lil much and i just crashed it at 21mph

Thats the old Revel ESC i was using worked great still kicks after the crash

$600 plus a decent deck from skateshred this is a no brainer for the pre built/ cruiser customer assuming there are no nagging quality issues and performs close to as advertised.

2 Likes

I PM’d @revel_flo nearly a month ago to see if there were any review units going to be knocking around but appears not so I am keen to see some feedback on these

1 Like

I’ve mentioned this a few times. @pkasanda and I were users of the previous Landwheel drives. Those had a lot of issues over the five revisions that were made. The last one was near perfect except for the LiPo flat cells they decided to use. The ESC was perfect and throttle curve was smooth so no worries of being thrown off.

Since Revel is Landwheel products, I am confident in what this drive can do. Also Landwheel did a pretty good job in taking care of their customers last time around…until they stop production of old parts

6 Likes