Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Maybe. Comes off easily, making me think it’s threadlocker, but I don’t recall using red one, and how did it get in the socket head? :thinking:

Flinging outward from the bearings at high rotation?

Bolts themselves rusting?

:man_shrugging:

Wow that was quick!

3 Likes

Jenso is the fucking man :facepunch:

2 Likes

He’s not shy with the stickers either!

1 Like

They’re not zinc plated :thinking:

1 Like

It’s deffo rust?

1 Like

Senor PeePee joins the 3-link club!!

have fun!

6 Likes

We’ve got another one to join our ranks…

2 Likes

How come the 3-link trucks only have two links?

1 Like

I believe the third link is the axle :grin:

2 Likes

because brian you are missing…you.are.the

missing link!!!

6 Likes

@eBoosted

To reduce flex, you’d be better off using carbon fibre or at least a heavier glass like a woven roving rather than cloth.

Also, I really think you should have sanded the deck bare. For structual application, applying composites to the paint/print is probably not the best practice.

4 Likes

I did sand down to where the paint was well scuffed, down to the wood in some areas as evenly as possible with low grit, same thing on both sides.

I’d use a heavier cloth, I’m just working with what I can source locally though, this is such a side project… literally just to hold me over during shipping of my mountainboard deck that honestly if it doesn’t work well at all I’m still happy cause at least I have a fiberglassed shortboard now. Sanding bare would have been way too much work, a power sander is one thing I do have… along with a CNC router or drill press. :man_facepalming:

me… from my background (off-road racing) i see the links as the heim-link connecting the axle to the board as one link… the other 2 visible control links are the other 2.

9e60a781f5c2352b9f01dac7bafa83a0a6c6466c_2_690x388

@MoeStooge the inventor of the 3-link trucks (and name) actually commented that his design was a modified 4-link and had a drag link to center the axle, (my words from here on out)… I can see that… the bushing set-up is actually a modified drag-link that controls axle centering

The pocket protector wearing guys and I had an interesting discussion that the board was the 4th link… but that’d mean the drag link was an additional link and therefore would be a 5-link

Moe calls 'em 3-links and so do I

3 Likes

Paint stripper works well on most deck prints, and then sand.

2 Likes

how difficult were those 2 pins in the hanger to get out? I assume it was pretty simple…

2 Likes

Let’s just say it’s a good thing I work in a machine shop. The whack’em method didn’t work, needed to use a press. The pins were mostly a press fit and there was also red loctite. They were removed with a hammer and punch. Now if I can just get my replacement axel…

3 Likes