Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

<:( Thats a pass-through BMS for discharge too right? Ill pray for you man thats just awful.

Yeah haha it was. I’m pretty sure it would be more of a pain to try and fix it so I will probably just bite and spend the 40 for a new one. sUcks!

1 Like

that one time a snake ate my skateboard

8 Likes

Looks like friggin Crocodile :crocodile::laughing: just ate it.

1 Like

Damn @CiscoV that thing is beautiful :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
How much. I’ve got cash, same cash you handed me. I’ll roll by tonight

3 Likes

Haha. Make sure you bring your euc when you come around!!

Can’t see myself letting go of any of them

Let’s go for a ride already

You can ride both boards back to back.

Feeling ballsy!? 4wd evo is calling your name!

Is it a kit or just a parts list?

@Venom121212 Took a lot of debris out of 2 of my Haggy wheels after my last crash.
Funny thing. They never went flat lol

3 Likes

That’s insane. Mine seem to go flat if I take them too far away from my house.

3 Likes

Random parts basically got 6 motors for super cheap second hand and pile of parts (GPS pixhawk FC etc), bought the frame and trying to make it work with betaflight (kakute F7 flight controller) eventually want to try with inav and gps control from ground station computer but have a lot more experience with 5" and smaller acrobatic setups really.

About to hook up vtx to do some configuration through goggles and eventually camera will get here for fpv view.

2 Likes

@CiscoV

You know I can sand that off for you…

4 Likes

Haha. Noooo. I love my remote. I love the battery pack they put in my evo.
They’re like treasures to me :rofl::ok_hand:t3:

4 Likes

Hex drones are good for challenging weather? What about the software, open source?

Yup regarding software for the time being it’s Betaflight

I think the flight controller I picked up supports iNav as well

But currently just flashed with Betaflight, since it’s what is used on the smaller ones I’m more familiar with. I figured build this one for longer flight times and potential commercial work where GPS controlled is generally favored for a lot of things (survey farm area or other kind of survey jobs of run between a,b,c waypoints and get footage), don’t have my “Part 107” license for commercial flying yet but I don’t think passing the test would be all that hard, generally do good at fact memorizing and test taking.

Hex are slightly better for stability especially if carrying a load from what I gather and bigger props generally leads to better efficiency and can load a bigger battery on and extend flight times (5" prop quads I get somewhere between 3-7 minutes depending on flying whereas bigger rigs like this I’ve read can get 15-20minutes if tunes properly etc.)

ESCs I’m using on here are BL-Heli-32 which is closed source now but had open source roots in BLHeli-S when they switched to 32 bit controllers they decided to close up the source for whatever reason. The software to configure them and firmwares are free as in free beer though (no charge).

1 Like

Did the motors get submerged?

not completely submerged. :joy: but all other electronics are in waterproof boxes and safe from the water.

Thanks for sharing that detail

1 Like

Cool beans using Davinci resolve. Let me see the final result. Here during quarantine not much to do so I made this

1 Like

Oh lawd he comin’!!!

@Arch @Kellag

9 Likes

Something tells me theres a good reason why that nutcase isnt a tesla engineer anymore. Looking at those products, probably a lack of engineering skills lmao.

1 Like