Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

those are 125mm trampa gummies, but i am in contact with moe for wheels witch will fit the trampa-mount.

3 Likes

390kv is going to be interesting.

4 Likes

Thanks Mark! @MarkOneBoards :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Are you going with the @moestooge system? Like using his esc and 8s batteries?

@Mattl does the diagonal mounting cause torque steer? I would worry channel trucks would only further the problem. Have you thought about mounting both on the same truck, one motor forward under the board, and one behind how it is now?

1 Like

Creased a smile on this one haha.

She’s such a fucking boss

2 Likes

I love her. She is, bar none, the coolest old lady on the planet. Id go to war with her in a second. She can prolly out shoot all of us :).

3 Likes

68 years on the throne and still cool as fuck.

3 Likes

I bet she has some stories to tell too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did those come like that or did you do it? What are they?
How did you do it?
Looks super clean.

I bet Moe did it…

2 Likes

Looooooool

No they didn’t come like that
I battle hardened them
Thank you

He didn’t! :joy:
(Ill show you how to do it next Monday)

7 Likes

Do we have any impact data on this stuff? Like, does it actually work well or does it just look like it’s gonna work well.

Do we have any impact data from the stuff you use or does it just look like it’s going to work?

3 Likes

Yes. High speed crash that bent bull bar into can.

Magnet was barely broken, all that was broken stayed in the magnet and was easily removed. Can was then bent back into shape, small crack in magnet was filled in, motor working good as new AFAIK.

Without the hardenening, multiple magnets would’ve been absolutely shattered and the can would’ve probably been worthless. May be even safe to say the stator would’ve gotten mangled.

Thanks for asking.

I wasn’t attempting to be passive aggressive in any way in asking. This looks like a much easier method if it actually works and I’d gladly use it over what I’m doing. I hate epoxy.

Somebody may have pictures of what I’ve stated. Unfortunately I don’t. Maybe I’m a liar :man_shrugging:
This is the internet. Believe at your own discretion.

@Bindings_McGee you use micro beads don’t you, in the epoxy?

I’ve started using glass microspheres. Be careful not to use the larger beads. They take a ton of strength away despite feeling rock solid

@Andy87, you’d be surprised at what doesn’t work even though it looks like it does.

For instance - Araldite 5 minute epoxy. Looks great. Tbh, looked greater and was easier to use than some of the shit I sweat over.

Doesn’t adhere to the magnets or can metal at all, despite a label saying it should. Wouldn’t have even known if it didn’t accidentally peel off with the lightest touch

1 Like

Yaaa.
I have some, realllllllyyyyy small stuff. Going to test it out :blush:.
Do you use acetone to clean the magnets after?

Me either…

1 Like

Who is Mark though?

1 Like

Oh. I’d posted about the results I’ve just mentioned more than once in a place I swear you’d seen. Maybe u forgot or I was mistaken :man_shrugging:

Internet.