Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

I was wondering when you’d show up.

:joy:

2 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t know that!
I thought of sanding it but hadn’t heard anyone doing it after fritting it.

1 Like

:joy:

3 Likes

Now that’s a board right there :raised_hand:

5 Likes

@spade what dimensions did you end up with? Show us the bottom.
Tots adorbs btw!

1 Like

Thanks man, you and @donta42 both inspirational! It’s still really rough and raw and I’ll need to find the time out of work to sand it down nicely. Could have curved it a little more gently as right now it looks like a cutting board. 25" inches length is what you’re after. The mini kicktail still works btw, the larger original one wasn’t necessary as we weren’t after any ollies.

The bottom’s the original graphics of this board from Alva. The original dimensions were enormous! 11" wide x 34" long.

6 Likes

dang… revel kit…sweet!!! how does that ride? no wheel bite? those are 90mm right?
I hit the throttle funny on mine the other day, and tried to put the tail down, and almost killed my self… i still have a it of a tail, i only shortened it a bit, I just wasnt ready for how much the board was gonna angle up…

1 Like

Scary as hell those unwanted wheelies! But when they’re controlled it’s an absolute blast. Yes the 90mms ride super smooth becausr the wheels are almost as good as Cag blues, and seem to have great rolling like the hub motors.

3 Likes

I contemplated on getting the Revel, but wanted everyone to test them out first to see if they last a few seasons.

2 Likes

Looks fun!!!

1 Like

lets see how long it takes for the first cut

12s4p? What kind of battery holder is that? It isn’t NESE, right?

Edit lol nvm just saw your post, sorry :joy:

1 Like

12s 4p! and nope, its custom! Part of my modular battery design :smile:

1 Like

Pretty great design, nice work. But I’m looking for an eMTB (top mounted) solution, so NESE still seems like the go to :grin:

1 Like

Cheers mate. Yeah unfortunately, until i get this design done, a MTB variant is out of the question. That being said, i have brainstormed it some, and once the kinks are ironed out of this design, it should be pretty doable :stuck_out_tongue:

In the meantime, NESE is solid and wont let you down!

1 Like

So many of these types of stories every month from all over the world. If only one of them would be a commercial reality :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

its all about that scalability,

Fiat owns Ferrari.
Its a law of physics

and the reason I have reoccurring nightmares about the fact that ants have wayyyy more biomass than we do and could easy annihilate the human race if they figured it out

1 Like

True, but this looks promising, and it is a different point of view, or, approach. Changing the tech of the battery (the way it behaves for example) it is a great deal; if they did what they said, it will be an amazing new era of electric rEvolution… So I hope MIT put some money on this…

1 Like

20 years ago, universitys, schools and more, where telling (teaching) students that petroleoum was going to disapear within the next 50 years…Well…they where wrong…It coud happen what you said, but, time tells a different story on todays world…

1 Like

Would you rather fight 20 million ant sized ants or 1 human sized ant?

1 Like