Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Cell wrap says 8Ah but I’ll just Google and see

200A it claims bahaha

3 Likes

200A continuous

2 Likes

The guy I bought them from worked with the local university to put them through their paces and the specs they claim are legit.

2 Likes

You have to design it so it will still work even if the enclosure gets brine inside. Then, all is good even if it leaks.

2 Likes

Sorry i replied to the wrong picture😬

If they are, that would really be something!

16s Lifepo4 is just about 12s li ion. Or are you planning on running lower Voltage and higher amperage through them?

I don’t follow the maths. These are 3.2 nominal versus 3.7 nominal for li ion.

10x3.7=37V for li ion
12x3.2=38.4V for li fe

Or
12x3.7=44.4V for li ion
14x3.2=44.8V for li fe

I was planning on running 12S1P.

Blame the mounts, not the builder :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

12S LiFePO4 is essentially the same voltage as 10S li-ion. They charge to 43.8V but most of the discharge is done in the 39V area.

2 Likes

I was going based off of lithium ion being 4.2v fully charged (50.4v 12s)

Ah ok.

These work good for me on 12S LiFePO4

voltage cutoff
start 34.5V
end 33V

2 Likes

@Mr.Electronicist why coil single coil per slot?

@Pedrodemio Just another way to wire 12P brushless motors (and an easier way to wind more copper).It’s called an LRK wind, usually motors come with a DLRK winding (all teeth wound) which has same power but slightly higher efficiency.

3 Likes

Thanks, Looking forward to see how it turns out, in my head it would have worse performance if pushed hard due to you having more flux due to larger amount of copper in a single tooth and could run into saturation earlier

@Pedrodemio i agree that could be a possibility. But since it’s an 80100 and I’m running it at a max 120 amps, i doubt I’ll hit the max saturation. Will have to test and see though. So far very torquey and smooth compared to what it was before.

6 Likes

about 56 km/hr, almost 15kms range, very fun to ride…doughter in law happier than ever…

2 Likes

That picture kills my self esteem just a little bit every time I see it

3 Likes

Is that a brand new twisted Bustin? I hope that’s not what they classify as a Blem

Dunno, I don’t see anything wrong with it at all haha it just came ungripped

Secret santa present, so I don’t know too much about it. What do you mean by twisted? I was just trying to show the concave on it in the one pic

2 Likes