Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Yep, it surely should. Again, I have no reason to think it wouldn’t work, I’ve considered it a lot and not seen it happen often is all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe I should do a build thread on it :laughing:

5 Likes

I’d read it :+1:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the packs equal out the voltages. what I wonder is if the current is shared 50/50 or if its a different ratio depending on the cells/number of p-groups… basically could you parallel a small pack, using high mah cell like 50e. or would you run the risk of drawing to much current or even worse, running to much regen current through the cells. since they are only rated for 2.45 amps charge

1 Like

Another good variable to consider

How’s the ride? I rode that analog btw.

At that low of an angle, do you even get wheelbite? :smiley: (I imagine you get tons in the front though)

Yes, there’s wheel bite. We’re probably gonna shave some of the edges off. Don’t wanna go steeper angle (@rey8801 's hammock plates) nor bottom-mount. I like drop through better.

This is gonna be my guest/test board.

1 Like

Just drill new holes and extend the wheelbase like @eBoosted did.

3 Likes

Gary Busy ok with you posting images of his toothbrush?

1 Like

@Skyart

As long as both packs have the same voltage (state of charge) when connected together to prevent a huge inrush between them, then they should behave well and share current between themselves under load. Current is a function of voltage over resistance, so the pack with the higher resistance (the smaller one) will supply less current.

Now, if the packs are drastically different in construction, age, chemistry or in some other way, then there could be issues of uneven current sharing, but as long as both packs have the same voltage when connected, everything should be fine.

In regards to BMS, if one battery’s BMS shuts down, then the full load will immediately be transferred to the other pack, which may or may not be enough to make that BMS shut down as well, resulting in a cascading failure.

TLDR; Packs of different sizes/capacity should never EVER be connected in series, and packs with different state of charge/voltage should never EVER be connected in parallel.

8 Likes

That is a great explanation! Makes good sence! Thank you!

1 Like

🖼 Pictures and nothing else! what risers are those?

1 Like

pen is

7 Likes

That’s a thing me and @akhlut came up with, this is the test.

4 Likes

@yelnats8j your “fast” is too wide damn it!

2 Likes

I know I know

Kuai

cutting griptape is such a bitch and I didnt feel like fixing it.

2 Likes

愚蠢的快

what is your KV + gearing/top speed?

1 Like

SK8 149kv , 16/36 (kit from TB)…Need to try it at full charge (12s1p) to know how fast could go. Also using Maker-X cheap esc, will see how many amps could handle…Will let you know soon…

3 Likes