Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: in a pack that big with the cells evenly distributed across the groups, as long as they had similar values I wouldnā€™t be too concerned.

I want a pack that bigā€¦ but with 40t :grin:

2 Likes

Trust me you donā€™t :rofl: the main reason I am procrastinating my Madness build is cos the battery is so fucking big and now I hate it :rofl:

4 Likes

Want 12s7p 40t. Need it lol

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly my point though.

In a pack that big, with the amount of labor that goes into it, why would you ruin it by mixing cells?

I would be concerned. I can nearly guarantee any pack built with same brand/model cells will last longer than one with mixed. IR, capacity, discharge rating, all of these things vary between batches, much less manufacturers.

So sure if you want to build a big battery pack with guaranteed stage 4 cell cancer, sooner, mix it up.

4 Likes

Excellent choice :rofl:

1 Like

Just gotta find someone to make it lol

2 Likes

Eh. 12S9P in my most recent build. Itā€™s fine and I get to feel extra manly each time I one-arm it.

6 Likes

Kelly you know I can be bribed in 40Ts and weed.

2 Likes

Personally, I wouldnā€™t. But i donā€™t see it as a massive potential threat as long as the cells are reasonably similar.

The 12s13p brick is a force to be reckoned with :rofl:

1 Like

I guess we will have to disagree on this. Iā€™ve personally witnessed exactly what can happen in these situations.

I used to build large custom batteries for mobile walking robots, and as a result have created a list of hard doā€™s and donā€™ts. Mixing cells is #1 on the list of donā€™ts. Ha

8 Likes

Acknowledged and understood. If I am ever tempted, I will remember this day :rofl:

2 Likes

Damn bro, that is looking fresh! Did you make those extension brackets or buy them?

3 Likes

Whose that? Lol and why?

Kevin dark is building the best packs to light up your board.
Or lets say, 50/50 that your pack will short out if you bought a battery build by him.

3 Likes

Haha damn but why is this pack I built similar to his? Iā€™ve been building big packs like this for years and havenā€™t had a short

Think people are concerned about the sharp nickel edges, what appears to be mis-matched cells, irregular welds, exposed contacts, things of that sort

3 Likes

Theyā€™re all new 30q cells. I made a mistake the first time so I had to rewrap them.

I donā€™t see an issue with sharp nickel edges if handled properly, I flatten them before welding.

Exposed contacts? Its an unfinished batteryā€¦?

Irregular welds? Maybe here and there but for every bum weld there are hundreds of solid ones. I can assure this pack is built well, it has more than enough nickel strip at any given point. There are 2 layers mostly though out.

1 Like

Theyā€™re all new 30q cells, i messed up on the configuration the first time and had to change the wrap out

2 Likes