Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Yeah, unless you go 3 gear like moon. The 2 gear drive I’m testing your pretty much stuck at 110s/160s.

3 Likes

this is totally rad! i was planning on doing a similar set up but love the door hinge set up

1 Like

Yes please @torqueboards :wink:

1 Like

What are those water proof cable plugs called? And where to buy them?

@Winfly rubber wire sleeve grommet? Or something like that

@gavisgon that is a rad looking hanger, could you share some more technical info. with us?

2 Likes

@ShutterShock That’s a very interesting layout. I’d fuse that charge port though.

1 Like

Yeah I soldered the first 8s3p a while ago, and am just adding the new 8s3p in parallel. I was mind fucked on how to process the balance wires while I was staring at it so I drew it up.

In addition to making it into an 8s6p, I am adding the BMS and charge port, which is quite nice.

I have never really understood the whole charge port fusing thing, what exactly is that protecting against? Is that in the case that the charge port gets shorted inside the enclosure? @b264

here

its nice because the gap is 3mm which is usually the thickness of most abs enclosures.

2 Likes

I suggest you use the sp13 connector. it has the board side pins isolated which IMO is better. also something about the GX connector being metal makes me uneasy.

1 Like

I mean since I have it I will probably just use it this time, I think the metal looks cool, the place in the enclosure where the charge port will be fastened is nicely isolated so I am not too worried about it. As for the outer world, I was planning to print a plug for it while it is not charging.

I appreciate the suggestion though, and will consider it in the future. The sp13 looks nice too.

1 Like

This and also if your charger shits the bed and randomly throws loads of amps in or you accidentally plug the wrong one in or something like that.

1 Like

I applaud your chisel work and how annoying that must have been. Looks great dude

4 Likes

This might be my most ambitious build yet, and by that i mean most labor. No worries, i used a drill and a Forstner bit to hog out most material, and then cleaned it up with a plunge router.

3 Likes

Oh duh, you’re a woodworker. Is there a build thread in progress for it I missed or saving it til the end?

I have not made it yet, i probably will start the thread tonight, and upload progress as i go. No name yet :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Love it ! :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Have you tried Fisher wave forstner bits. They are supposed to be the best of both the serated and the standard forstner

I have the fisch brand ones (maybe a typo?) and I love them

I have not actually, been thinking of getting a set. So far i’ve always been using the standard ones and a new one cuts relatively well. Serrated ones cut way better!