Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Now you’re stuck looking at mine

2 Likes

Haha you’re hilarious. I bet that was a long print too.

4 Likes

Bet that dong needed support.

2 Likes

@mmaner at least it’s not a box?

6 Likes

Beautiful work to both of you. Any issues while riding or differences from biking with it?

7 Likes

So much want… great shit @akhlut.
I definitely need this by next summer.

2 Likes

It is simply amazing.

This is a beta version.

@akhlut is working on some refinements to this one for MTBs and a regular longboard version!

Available soon!

7 Likes

There are still some things to fix from the original implementation.

I’ve got a version worked out for flat decks as well.

12 Likes

Yaaaas bitch

4 Likes

Cool thing about this longboard version is it is simply an Xwasher. Beautifully simple.

@akhlut I think it is time to make a thread about this, take any pictures you need!

4 Likes

I’m happy to help test anything I can. I’ve wanted this to exist for a long time so my little guy can go with me on rides again. He’s too heavy to pull on the bike now. Or I’m too lazy. Nah he’s too heavy.

Seriously awesome work again.

5 Likes

The next step is building a battery into the base of the trailer for a range extender lol

7 Likes

@Sender dont carve too hard or the little ones will puke :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Idk if its a good idea to strap a kid to a 30+ mph board. Maybe you have it speed limited Idk. All i could imagine is the throttle getting locked like the recent unity bug or someone not setting their failsafe. Don’t mean to be downer but kids are fragile.

1 Like

I’m a little pissed you have this deck before me but my fault for not hitting order initially it’ll be here Thursday though.

You strap them into a car…

Thanks for the parenting tip though! :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Ive been looking at the kid carrier idea for a while now… I’m just nervous how I could keep my girl safe if something went wrong.

If I’m gearing up in Kevlar, full face and full body pads, I’d want that as a minimum for my girl.

If an ESC locked in full throttle, does anyone know of a reliable quick disconnect, maybe something attached to your ankle that if you bail then the thing detaches with you while your board goes flying? It would make sense to have the disconnect wired to activate brakes on the carrier, and have a roller in the front bar, even a quick disconnect for them and a disconnect for you so when your tumbling the whole contraption isn’t tied to you.

maybe something like a drag chute attached to a quick release pin?

1 Like

Mechanical brakes and loop key on a string?

Honestly when I do this (not if) I’ll be towing with a board especially for this. Only off road in parks with low foot traffic and strictly no vehicles. Board will have a max speed of 10mph. Sounds ridiculous but we’ll be doing this for lazy fun, not to get around.

3 Likes

I think we’re on similar pages, just edited my post with brakes for the carrier prior to reading yours