Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Damn that is so Sexy, how does the kaly deck feel?
Is it worth 350$ ?

3 Likes

missed out on the opportunity of an endless gif

3 Likes

I got to ride @DerelictRobot kaly deckā€¦ itā€™s fucking awesome. Probably my favorite Carver/mtb deck Iā€™ve ridden thus far.

8 Likes

I was thinking same thing when I saw that

1 Like

I know but is it worth it at 350$ ?

3 Likes

Yes it is.

These decks, like Lacroix are purpose built for this and are of a different level.

350 is a great price. He makes these by hand himself because noone would do what he wanted out of the deck.

The materials alone in this thing are extremely expensive. And shit is not easy to do.

We are starting to see a new level of quality components and products. With them comes a higher price tag. But the gains are undeniable.

16 Likes

Thats the answer I needed, thanks man.

Few people where saying they prefered the old kaly decks in NYC, made me worried about it. Wasnt doubting the quality just the ride.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s definitely expensive. But Iā€™ve paid 250 for carbon fiber non esk8 decks.
I canā€™t think of anything that rides like it.
At least its not $500

3 Likes

This feels less beach ball like than a Trampa, and I really did the gas pedals.

This is a race deck with steeper pedals.

This thing is awesome sans risers as those make it incredible to lock in.

Some people will always prefer original stuff over change.

Take the Protipo, some people prefer that to the Nazare, but many also prefer the Nazare.

Canā€™t please all the people all the time!

Me too honestly. I would say that is also not unreasonable. But I love bougie stuff!

4 Likes

God me tooā€¦ canā€™t unfeel.
Has me thinking about ways to add them to other decks.
Was thinking metal plates ( like a hexagon ) and then having you skin the deck to lock them in.

Would probably need to be a full wrap tho. (Top/bottom)

1 Like

Exactly. I could totally see people changing $600 for hand made, small batche carbon fiber decks.

Iā€™ve paid that much for a snowboard and its really not all that much different.

3 Likes

People still look at these as just ā€œskateboards.ā€

We are beyond that. These are beautiful machines.

8 Likes

So itā€™s actually different from the previous deck he sell for around $250?

I got you all beat on price after Tim skinned my haya :crazy_face: but sheā€™s a work of art and worth all me gold

5 Likes

Wait until someone has a kaly with enclosure skinnedā€¦
Iā€™m gonna need a extra job just to finance the build

5 Likes

Wouldnā€™t stitch perfectly. Thanks for liking anyway

2 Likes

ā€œinterpersonal esk8ingā€

4 power leads going to my ESCs cross right over the waterproof plastic box where my receiver lives.

Itā€™s a signal fest, biggest train station in Melbourne. So WiFi, 5G repeaters, traffic lights, big business with WAN, police/security with their stuff, and lots of people on mobiles.

I have another receiver, will hook that up too. Whatā€™s split PWM?

Yeah ya know, at this point, the pricing questions really come down to what the boardā€™s purpose is. If this is a car replacement, spending a bit more on components that will keep you comfortable and safe makes more sense. However, as a college student (lol I know), I have a completely different outlook on pricing vs someone who is independent and working full time.

I agree they are definitely machines at this point

1 Like

Split PWM is what @Trampa calls Split ā€œPPMā€.

If you look at the waveform on an oscilloscope, it is absolutely not pulse position modulated. Itā€™s pulse width modulated.

Thatā€™s why I always write Split PWM (ā€œPPMā€) so the Trampa world understands what I mean.