Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

@Mikenopolis LoL this is why I think all wheels could just be the color of brake pad dust – the same color as the dust that gets on your wheel cores. Then they’d look new all the time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Honestly I wish every wheel had a white option so that we could dye them the colors we wanted

3 Likes

Same as me than haha

You mean like @hummieee tires?

1 Like

Sorta, the cores of TB110s do a good job of blending.

1 Like

I went against my instincts and followed

3 Likes

Why are you drilling holes in your helmet…

4 Likes

Cause helmet is for cool not for safety duh

3 Likes

Clearly he just added the metal to make the helmet stronger

If you have a Pass, there are vents under your ear you can run a hose clamp through, does no structural damage, also gives a good handle

What @Flasher did isn’t that bad because the side of the neck is not a high impact zone, just make sure you don’t get cut or stabbed by the new hardware. The holes are small and if there’s a washer on either side it’s not awful

3 Likes

Actually, didn’t drill holes at all. I removed some decorative plastic covering some pass throughs for optional bluetooth. Then found flashlights that could fit the space and mounted them. Added washer to make sure I dont crack the plastic while tightening. Only problem I can see that this caused me is that I couldn’t choose the angle.

3 Likes

Once you try it on the road it’s hard to go back, it just lights up the area so much better, no shadows to hide things like cracks because it’s basically inline with your eyes, but enough difference to see the edge of objects…also you can see off to the sides well. And on top of that you look like a storm trooper!

2 Likes

What did you mean by

Doesn’t your helmet have lots of padding? Serious question, I’m using my old motorcycle helmet with 2inches of padding all around

That little fucker is pointy, also you’ll feel it though the foam if you hit hard enough. The hose clamps are perfect for not having sharp insides but the cost is the outside is doubly sharp

How many lumens is you helmet now?

@ZachTetra I simply used copper pipe clamps with m4 button heads. I’m gonna be cutting the extra off and putting bit of heatshrink on the ends. 150 lumens each so 300 total. It’s all I could find without having to wait

1 Like

More the color of TB110 cores. Kinda the @hummieee tire color, but a bit darker and with matching back wheels

I think these are 588 lumens each…1176 total… actually the same as a modern car highbeam

1 Like

@ZachTetra since I’ll be using the headlight, I only need these for the bike paths in the city with 90 and 145° turns

Also these cost me a whopping total of 9.99 for 4 (batteries included :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

Lol that’s dirt cheap

If I had other holes available I probably would have added the other 2 for shits and giggles