Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Even if in the garage?

The charger, not the wife

3 Likes

He gonna ask whats a garage. He prefers esk8 holding bay

1 Like

Just something to think about. If itā€™s in a garage, probably doesnā€™t matter.

2 Likes

I agree that we shouldnā€™t jump to conclusions before Dave comments on the issue, but this isnā€™t one of those scenarios where ā€œwho knows what combination of components caused your wheels to lock upā€, but rather 1 specific part clearly failing. Iā€™d advise HeXl owners to ride with caution until we find out if this one truck had a manufacturing issue or what. Stay safe :metal:

1 Like

Do you think it is the screws that made the weak point because there is less material holding it together cause they screws go through the hanger. Probably more expensive to manufacture but less prone to breaking if the hanger/ pivot seat was made out of one block like the precision rkp and like the dont trip Bhangers

1 Like

I believe the manufacturing decision was forced due to a (in my opinion) stupid surfrodz patent.

2 Likes

But their patent is for a removeable hanger not a hanger made from one block

1 Like

Thats what he said, and he is trying to fix it.

True but this truck are rather new so I think he didnā€™t put too much miles on them.

1 Like

Yā€™all are making me nervousā€¦I got the 260mm hangars and intend to jump over curbs with them on a daily basisā€¦

2 Likes

What about hexagon clamps to add some beef to the hangars?

Havenā€™t looked at the patent much but that would be extremely expensive to manufacture

that looks like the exact same chargerā€¦this one is from a company named WAOUKS.

Ooof yeah patents are tough. Stupid little things like screw placement. Those screws in the bottom (SR) design have a much better chance of not failing.

Applying a stress load at both ends of the beam there will cause it to want to bend right at those screw holes. Adding the counterbore for the screw head makes it even weaker.

However, without extensive field testing it would be hard to diagnose, in FEA it might have been fine but vibrations and impact are very hard to simulate in this circumstance. That being said, assuming the original design decision to counterbore the screws was probably influenced by a number note in the patent - very annoying.

As some have said, 7075 would be stronger but it is also more expensive, and harder to machine. Mad respect for Dave though this is still a great design that performs well, he did a good job. Hopefully this is just an outlier as a result of a manufacturing defect or material defect.

1 Like

scary ā€¦ :flushed:

Why round over the 24 hex? @Riako

**Just noticed al grade differences.

I just like clamps on hex hangers. Match made in heaven

1 Like

^^ yes, because I canā€™t find Hex 7075 or 6061 here ā€¦
The round one could be Hexed (squared, 2 flatted plan at 90Ā° like on the pic) on the ends.

I have just done that last week when trying to find if I keep or custom the heXL :blush:

2 Likes

no that is from donā€™t trip

1 Like

A heavy person is should not be able to break it, if he can it means there is hardly any safety factor built in.

4 Likes

me, @Juddymuddy and, @yelnats8j we riding and we were having fun at the very least. i hit a patch of rocks going about 20mph the board was shaken up pretty bad and it shorted and burnt 5 cells past saving. dropping the combined voltage past 1 volt between the 5 cells. so yeah.

1 Like