Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

@NoWind do share more about your build please

4 Likes

Lol, there’s not much to see - I used an old roll of griptape meant for a popsicle board, but it couldn’t cover the deck fully so I did some bad and rough cutting leaving random gaps to cover the deck - looked to much like a phallus after the outcome, I decided to expose 2 bolt heads to distract from the obvious shape… here’s a trim off guide of very roughly what I took off. I tested the amount of leverage I needed for the shortened kicktail 1st as well before going ahead.

1 Like

Man I can not express how close to home that review hit. You listed quite literally EVERY struggle I have experienced with solidworks. I feel like you just violated my brain.

I’m currently shit at surfacing and have been watching YouTube videos like a baby bird.

Patterning can definitely be annoying sometimes, it randomly wouldn’t let me mirror a radius sweep last night too.

I’ve only messed around with sheet metal a handful of times (first time was not making sheet metal stupidly).

May I ask how many years you’ve been at it? Shame about that price. Solidworks is already pricey.

3 Likes

She made a dollar bill board, sir

Get some Clever 6x2 tires 40$ for a set of tires and tubes on AliExpress.

1 Like

I can’t really trust removable chin guard helmets

1 Like

My only concern as well. I like the look though and hope they make more

And this is 100% correct. His direct drive board and old faboard gold are all “designed by him” but are just rebranded boards.

His “fleecy wheels” are just from AEboard. His viewers are all sheeps that believe everything.

Justin Bravo is equally as bad. Does a 15 minutes Review of a board and only shows it for 3 minutes riding and doesn’t know shit about esk8. His “Goatgang” defends him because thats the he way he reviews.

3 Likes

He’s entertaining though and I’d think he’s a really nice fella to meet, as with all sanguine people. I respect his command of the popsicle board though, a true skater unlike my hopeless self.

1 Like

yeah nothing against his skating skills they are impressive.
I just dislike his untruthful way of handling and selling things. Generally everything related to esk8 from him.

2 Likes

You guys made me search for comments about the guy on the old forum, my fave: “Eww. You made me click on a Fabi video. Give us a warning ahead please”

1 Like

lol i think that was from me :smiley:

Found it :

3 Likes

I didn’t want to point fingers… But yeah, lol! :joy:

2 Likes

I think what he does is he assembles complete builds together for others as a “service”, but in a much more rudimentary sense than many others here who create works of passion and art. It’s really tough to run any business, and even more so in a place like the German side of Europe where everything is insanely expensive and more so to hire anyone. So while I’m not buying anything from him no do I ever plan to because it won’t make any sense (I’m not in Europe), I find his videos entertaining and enthusiastic, and emerge much happier watching them, instead of all the doom and gloom news that’s everywhere. In fact, I think it was one of his videos that led me searching for some unknown thing thus ending up finding this forum.

4 Likes

I only watch his video in incognito mode (maybe every half year or so i look him up to see what he claim to have done ^^ ). I don’t want him, Justin bravo or Ronnie sarmiento near my Recommendation feed. :smiley:

1 Like

Ronnie’s fine too - I wouldn’t have discovered some of the latest pre-builts from China if it weren’t from him. Different strokes for different folks I guess - you’re all too advanced for poor Fabi!

1 Like

One thing that i can say is positive is that he shows a vast variety of boards. not just meepo,backfire,ownboard etc. I saw multiple boards where i thought “huh, i’ve never heard of them” Those were no brands that revolutionize boards or have dope new tech, but a different angle on the design and parts they use.

The 3 are in my opinion for “basic people.” (Sounds worse than i mean) Beginners and not experts. Fun to watch for experts - possibly.

But nothing i can identifiy myself with.

1 Like

Anything that gives ek8s exposure is positive in a way. I think I first realized ek8s even existed only after watching Ronnie review a Backfire (yeah, I live under a rock) wich was my first board and he seems pretty honest in his reviews imo while Fabi just feels like an over-the-top salesman.

I know to come here now if in need of advice, but any starting point is a starting point I guess. Maybe he’ll give the forum a shoutout in a video :tipping_hand_man:

2 Likes

NUT :sweat_drops: :sweat_drops:

6 Likes

Still gotta stain the bottom, black out the edge, clear coat, and drill back through the top to get the Davega wires coming through so it will look like there are no wires at all going to it. Should be cool. And clean.

7 Likes