Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Why :man_facepalming:?

Cut some wheel wells and slalom!

3 Likes

When the lady friend says she’s making a ‘penny board’ you just let it happen…I dunno man :joy:

6 Likes

Ohhhh. So you cut off both sides right… Looks sweet. Can I get more pics please. I had gotten in a million builds ago. But it never actually made it onto a build because to me as it is it did not seem right… It is getting used for a balance board.now…

1 Like

Round the corners and you’ll be ok

1 Like

Still a lady friend?

2 Likes

I have been waiting for this all my life…
Now I’m complete.

2 Likes

Right lol. Erip for life

Yee, as far as I am aware at least. Her board is currently benched for upgraded enclosures

1 Like

5jason

1 Like

yee yee yee her her benched? :thinking:

“Benched her, yee”
:construction_worker_man:‍♂ :hammer:

2 Likes

Bruh I got 6 boards on a bench already, I ain’t got time to put anything else up there :joy:

3 Likes

5json

1 Like

Damn dude. Just ask her out already. Don’t wait until you get friend zoned. Unless, you’re satisfied how you youngens are right now.

Get her to sign up here. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

My bad, I can’t communicate. I’m like 90% sure it’s a think…which is about as sure as I am on anything

Lol absolutely not, she’d leave me if she knew the people I talked too, the eskate obsession is bad enough on it’s own…but between finishing a battery and trying to make a thoughtful gift I think I’m doing the right thing, at least I hope I am

2 Likes

i work in SW and thought that was popular enough ;o
okay then ill upload some *.x_t and steps too :smiley:

What mostly are you using here? Fusion360?

Fusion is only good for making furniture :face_vomiting:

Blender for rapid prototyping (just sense of scale), solid works for important stuff

Fusion stands its own against solidworks for lower level assemblies and simple parts.

But yeah, Solidworks is dank, and FUCK AUTOCAD and anybody who thinks it’s remotely useful in this age.

3 Likes

I mean I’ve actually made several pieces of furniture with fusion, the push/ptull feature is the best…I just hate mating parts unless it’s a full face contact

I support fucking AutoCAD too

Creo as in pro engineer. Let me preface in saying I have way more hours in Creo but currently use both at my day job.

Creo is much better at surfacing. I never feel limited by the software in what shapes I can create, if I can imagine it I can make that shape in creo. Sure you should be able to do the same in solidworks but for organic shapes it takes more steps in solidworks and is harder to adjust later.

Every tool has live preview that shows the resulting geometry in a nice way. Solidworks has a separate preview button that you need to toggle on and off to see what your going to get and for why i dont know the preview is in a weird yellow color that makes it very hard to see the geometry. Also solidworks preview is different in different tools or not there at all in some of the tools. The inconsistency is annoying.

Creo is more robust in complex geometry creation, like a radius on an unusually shaped edge will sometimes work in solidworks but will usually work in Creo. In Creo I can pattern or mirror any number of features and its usually no issue. While solid works I find if you try to do that to more then three simple features it just says no. Its very fussy with patterning.

Also sometimes solidworks forces you to build the model in ways that break the parametric ness of the model.

That being said the user interface on creo is like being kicked in the balls constantly. Eventually you dont feel it anymore.

Solidworks sheet metal feature is much better than creo’s though.

I think creo is like 4x the price of solidworks. :flushed:

4 Likes