Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

LOL, I\ll cry about sometime during my 35 mile ride :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I couldn’t get fivestars smooshed together enough to sandwich these kenda 8x3" slicks I’ve got, I imagine you’ll need/be better off with spacing the hub halves rather than pinching the crap out of them, but tire stiffness might also have a lot to do with it.

1 Like

Anyone seen these trucks in person? They did nice work putting these boards together it looks like. Integrated lights. Is that a DKP?

10 Likes

Admittedly, Metroboard is one of my favorite OTS brands right now. Lots of cool shit gooing on in there.

Not to mention i believe they predate Evolve and there may have been some sinister shit that went on there.

16 Likes

yeah it is

2 Likes

Is that a 160mm vs 200?

5 Likes

YUP… the potato-cam version of TB 160 vs 200mm on a Kaly hub…

jajajajajajaja

1 Like

@BillGordon something just got moved to esk8 confessional but it shows a post from @spade when i click on it. What was it?

4 Likes

I’ve had a bunch of stuff moved today as well… jajajajaja

Clean-up required on Aisle 4

4 Likes

Bill is keeping all tidy hahahaha

3 Likes

No idea, There were well over a hundred posts moved. It will be in Derail Jail, though.

5 Likes

You do make a prodigious amount of doodoo, but it’s amusing doodoo.

4 Likes

I like Metroboards. They worked with me when my battery crapped out on me. I also like the design of these builds.

6 Likes

Really nice to see design like this. Boosted and metro board are taking esk8 to the next level designing components specifically for it. Integrated software controlled lighting etc.

The DKP portion is very compact. Can’t tell how it pivots and what sort of bushings are involved with the hanger. May have a fixed press fit joint into the hanger.

A fairly popular esk8 YouTuber just crashed one at 30mph from wobble

3 Likes

The shape is based on those yes, it got improved with those ones as base idea. The baseplate sizes got redone aswell as the pivot.

3 Likes

I have a reasonably varied set of stereotypes of Eskate folks. When I meet you all in person, I’m frequently dead wrong, sometimes kinda right. Coin toss.

@kook, I can’t put you in a basket, even a wrong basket.

10 Likes

Ditto, I have no idea what kind of person this is in real life

4 Likes

Me either to some degree, but I’m dead certain he won’t be boring.

6 Likes

The straight-up, don’t fuck with me kind with a crazy bent that loves motorcycles, which describes most of my best mates actually.

5 Likes

Thats a joke right? :open_mouth:

5 Likes