Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

I saw the videos
Definetely booked. After this board is time for a scooter. Total noob there. What do you use for throttle. Like motorbike or like jetsky thumb throttle? In skate we mostly use dual motor, maybe a dual hub motor ls Wil be cool in scooter too. O use a rear really big motor with single vesc and big heatsink.

1 Like

I recieved some pretty white 7875 motors these days and thought they were badass but they are pretty damn shitty after use :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

:smiley: haha can’t wait to see that!
2 hubs sound good now I know what you like :wink:
a big hub will need a bigger wheel I guess. I want to keep what I use with my MTBoard.
Yes, it was the thumb throttle quad like, then I order a left hand that I flip around to use with my index, way better to keep the handlebar … in hand ^^. Directly connected to the ADC port of the fox (v4.10 in the 1st version, set outside/open-air at 45A batt max and 60A motor max, with a 6.25 :1 ratio, 170kv 6374, it was crazy !).

v1. 6374 170kv sensorless, V4.12 bldc, chain iso 05b, 8 x 50T, 10s5Ah
v2. 6374 130kV sensored, focbox in Foc, chain iso 06B, 9 x 36T, 12s8Ah

Now, the new one, called MAD One / Madone, like la Madonna of the e-Dirt ^^ (promise, it was plan since before last summer, the rear harm, was my 1st prototype (2016), but to big, to heavy so I keep it until now and will use it with bigger parts) :
Also inspired by the song ^^ :speaker: put your subwoofer on !

v0 (coming). 8085 170kV censored, ESCape FOC, chain iso 06B, 9 x 45T, 12s12/24Ah :stuck_out_tongue: (the way of your last proposition)
1 Like

Need to read about it. Sounds really good. I don’t know what to aspect from single motor. A rear huge outrunner motor should be plenty, but for me sounds is always an issue. As you know.
You are right about keep the hands on the handlbar :sweat_smile:. I will see. I would like a middle size scooter, nothing enormous. 12s 3p or 4p for sure or maybe more s groups with the FOCer 80V.
True that a rear hub motors as to be bigger, but can be also thicker. Damn want to start

1 Like

@Toughook i bet glas caused it.

1 Like

@Toughook Tony, I waited so long for this… uuuuunf

Told you so mate.

1 Like

Wtf happened?

1 Like

Try the superglue thing dude, while it’s fresh especially

2 Likes

They are the Evolve 107’s. For some reason those things tend to shred up hard. Well, we all know the reason really…

1 Like

Apparently the coloring to black makes them more prone but that is hearsay

1 Like

Chris could probably answer this. @ChrisChaput

Why do the Evolve 107’s shred 10x faster than the non branded ones? Did Evolve make them “cheaper”?

2 Likes

Good luck with that

2 Likes

:man_shrugging: We have to try right?

2 Likes

True, but maybe there is nothing captured here apart from perception and hearsay. Hard to tell I guess Chris will if he likes or has input

Love it. What hub did you use? I want to eventually move to a proper front hub drive, but the dual rear hub drive has been working pretty well. At least until a phase wire broke. Working on upgrading to belt drive with 83mm wheels for max torque and to burn up my extra cheap clone wheels.

2 Likes

i think its time for abec11 to raise their prices on these hahahaha for more profit. meanwhile i ride chinese 97mm wheels for 8 dollars a set and they are great hahahaha
over:man_astronaut:

Wowow – Haya shortboard with 110mm wheels? Is there wheelbite? How long / what trucks are those? Do wide trucks on such a narrow wheelbase feel okay? Tell me more! :slight_smile:

@Andy87 yeah Andy, next level up!

1 Like

I remember ! Thing is they held up for so long, but then just self destructed in one ride…

Nice… Do you have some video :slight_smile: ???

I did go with this : https://www.leafbike.com/products/e-bike-hub-motor/gearless-20-24-26-700c-28-29-inch/20-inch-48v-1500w-front-hub-motor-wheel-1077.html
I know for a fact, that people are putting much more voltage and current in to this model, without problems. Thats why I did choose this one, and they do custom windings and kv if ask :slight_smile:

6 Likes