Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Iā€™ll document the whole build as it goes!

1 Like

10s4p 30q modular battery for air travel. Putting the makerx dual 4.2 in there, cheap charge only bms and makerx antispark.

Itā€™s for a mate of mine, wants to build it as cheap as possible so just using the stock motors for now, will swap them out later if they really suck.

2 Likes

Oh they really suck. I bought a complete ages ago then got onto ali and bought 3 decks as a sample purchase. Sold all as builds except one. Covered in dust in the depths of my workshop.

I focboxed the first one with a nano and stock motors. Awful. Chucked some sk8 on there and it was a different beast. I actually like that deck to ride. It seems to be locked in without any kind of concave but it has a drop through conversion which lowers the ride height obviously.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I will let the dude know and see what he wants to do about it

2 Likes

So everybody knows how to make those custom logo PCBs ?

5 Likes

I have that deck currently up and running :wink:

2 Likes

Just posted a few more pictures of the progress. Laid out the CF on the bottom and mounted my motors on the trucks.

Still gotta plan out the battery but I have a pelican case for it ready

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna name mine ā€œstellas sisterā€

2 Likes

I loved looking into your built. Mine will be street carver with a battery enclosure underneath so that is the big question now, will the enclosure H11 fit nicely with just a little bit changes

2 Likes

Mine will be street carver with a battery enclosure underneath so that is the big question now, will the enclosure H11 fit nicely with just a little bit changes on the mounting edge

Is that for Airtravel or Flex?

Its his horrible stance for that speed what caused this if you ask me. Itz crystal clear im2cento. His whole body language tells no good story to be honest.
giphy

2 Likes

Dang I had an HS11, I could have measured it for ya but already sent it off to someone else! I think the deck may be a bit too narrow for that.

Maybe @mmaner can measure it for us??

3 Likes

Alan did the measurements for me (eboosted PerĆŗ)

(EDIT: its to wide for the deck) he is gonna make a custom one)

3 Likes

To me it seemed to wide for the deck, but I never had both at the same time.

Thanks man! I worry that the hs11 wonā€™t fit it. The deck is just under 8" wide if I recall correctly.

Ironically, like @itsmedant, I also had an hs11 enclosure coming separately from that deck but a vendor fā€™d that up for me.

4 Likes

I got my HS11 for free, but traded it for these motor mounts with @mmaner

When I compared the deck and the enclosure, it just didnā€™t seem like it was going to truly fit

2 Likes

According to my measurements and Alanā€™s measurements it wil fit if we just slightly adjust the edge were the screw holes are

(EDIT: didnā€™t fit, will make new one)

2 Likes

That would be cool if it does work. Just make sure you are putting those inserts into enough wood so they donā€™t split out the side!

1 Like

Heā€™s a good dude, Iā€™d trust his judgment. I havenā€™t seen an under mount battery on this deck yet so you may just be the first

2 Likes