Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Discobot thinks this is flirting, Discobot will throw his bolt deep inside your nut.

11 Likes

There is no antispark switch, thatā€™s the bonus. There is a switch, but it doesnā€™t incorporate Mosfets like antispark switches do. The MKIII hibernates.

5 Likes

Should I be worried about a spark then when I connect it to the battery directly?

tTc9cKQ

5 Likes

Your battery should have an antispark xt90s connector.

5 Likes

The phases in your life:

a) you, before using the Wera Hex Plus
b) you, after using the Wera Hex Plus
c) you, too old to use tools at all anymore

Welcome to phase b :wink:

9 Likes

itā€™s prolly been covered already here but I missed itā€“what was the whole situation with flipsky here/dispute over?

I donā€™t understand what the appeal is. The L shape hex tools are odd to me. why not use a hex screw driver or a hex bit in a drill? (Genuinely curious)(and donā€™t tell me because a drill will overtighten things because thatā€™s just user error)

3 Likes

Itā€™s not the drive method everyone loves, itā€™s their hex plus shape. Instead of a straight hexagon, the flat 6 edges are slightly crescent shaped.

Wera-Hex-Plus-Allen-Key-Set-9pc-Colour-Coded-3

I have come across dozens of bolts Iā€™ve stripped that the wera have removed no problem.

I am looking to add their screw driver collection to my kit. The L shaped kit is smaller and nice for carrying along.

9 Likes

Is your axle fixed or are you rocking a shoulder bolt?

Discobotā€™s plug fits in multiple sockets, metric or imperial.

2 Likes

Can someone please explain metric/imperial measurements for me?
So like miles to km, pounds to kg I know how to do the rough calculations off the top of my head.
But 1/64 I donā€™t understand. Are they imperial specific and or what are the metric equivalents?
Donā€™t call me a douche bag lol, why couldnā€™t we just decide on one in the first placešŸ’
Or should I just ask this in the noob question thread?

3 Likes

just blame that peanut farmer @JimmyCarter

1 Like

Basically they refused to help me until I opened a chargeback. They were being shady and refused to repair some of my stuff under warranty without fee, so I won the chargeback. Now they are refusing to send the stuff back unless I pay them upfront, but Iā€™ve moved on. Learned my lesson, buying from us/ amazon vendors only now.

1 Like

1/64 is just 1/64th of an inch.

Imperial is like binary, where metric is like base 10.

You will see lots of imperial measurements based on fractions.

Mile was actually a Roman measurement for 1,000 paces.

Lots of our imperial measurements actually come from Britain and France.

1 gallon = 4 quarts = 8 pints.

In the industrial world, it is commonly known that 1/64th inch increments are 0.4mm. The injection molding workshop my office is on top of has these charts at every work station because they have to use both systems regularly.

6 Likes

When you have to measure something with a precision of 1/128th inch. :roll_of_toilet_paper:

Puck murder your finger @kook?
Almost every time I slam I walk away with a few blood blisters from the Hoyt

3 Likes

panic momentā€¦ I was going downā€¦quicklyā€¦tried to use the Hoyt as a slide Puck, forgot to move my pinky fingerā€¦ I think itā€™s brokenā€¦ faaak

6 Likes

I had to do a double take when I saw this. Whereā€™d you find that model for the caguama? Looks Identical to a model I made, down to the tessellations.

Oh ffs, mobile version sucks. This is in reference to šŸ–¼ Pictures and nothing else!

@Pedrodemio

Iā€™d love to compare our models in CAD. Youā€™re using solidworks?

3 Likes

Sorry to hear, man. Hope the x-rays disagree with you.

3 Likes