Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

I straight up asked the dude on the phone, “you can’t just, like, throw the bolt on the next shipment coming to your store?”

Ace hardware is the best local bolt supplier at this point.

1 Like

But they don’t have the same variety, I picked up a ton of button head M5 screws for Pelican case mounting and I couldn’t find them anywhere else

Discobot thinks this is flirting, Discobot will throw his bolt deep inside your nut.

11 Likes

There is no antispark switch, that’s the bonus. There is a switch, but it doesn’t incorporate Mosfets like antispark switches do. The MKIII hibernates.

5 Likes

Should I be worried about a spark then when I connect it to the battery directly?

tTc9cKQ

5 Likes

Your battery should have an antispark xt90s connector.

5 Likes

The phases in your life:

a) you, before using the Wera Hex Plus
b) you, after using the Wera Hex Plus
c) you, too old to use tools at all anymore

Welcome to phase b :wink:

9 Likes

it’s prolly been covered already here but I missed it–what was the whole situation with flipsky here/dispute over?

I don’t understand what the appeal is. The L shape hex tools are odd to me. why not use a hex screw driver or a hex bit in a drill? (Genuinely curious)(and don’t tell me because a drill will overtighten things because that’s just user error)

3 Likes

It’s not the drive method everyone loves, it’s their hex plus shape. Instead of a straight hexagon, the flat 6 edges are slightly crescent shaped.

Wera-Hex-Plus-Allen-Key-Set-9pc-Colour-Coded-3

I have come across dozens of bolts I’ve stripped that the wera have removed no problem.

I am looking to add their screw driver collection to my kit. The L shaped kit is smaller and nice for carrying along.

9 Likes

Is your axle fixed or are you rocking a shoulder bolt?

Discobot’s plug fits in multiple sockets, metric or imperial.

2 Likes

Can someone please explain metric/imperial measurements for me?
So like miles to km, pounds to kg I know how to do the rough calculations off the top of my head.
But 1/64 I don’t understand. Are they imperial specific and or what are the metric equivalents?
Don’t call me a douche bag lol, why couldn’t we just decide on one in the first place💁
Or should I just ask this in the noob question thread?

3 Likes

just blame that peanut farmer @JimmyCarter

1 Like

Basically they refused to help me until I opened a chargeback. They were being shady and refused to repair some of my stuff under warranty without fee, so I won the chargeback. Now they are refusing to send the stuff back unless I pay them upfront, but I’ve moved on. Learned my lesson, buying from us/ amazon vendors only now.

1 Like

1/64 is just 1/64th of an inch.

Imperial is like binary, where metric is like base 10.

You will see lots of imperial measurements based on fractions.

Mile was actually a Roman measurement for 1,000 paces.

Lots of our imperial measurements actually come from Britain and France.

1 gallon = 4 quarts = 8 pints.

In the industrial world, it is commonly known that 1/64th inch increments are 0.4mm. The injection molding workshop my office is on top of has these charts at every work station because they have to use both systems regularly.

6 Likes

When you have to measure something with a precision of 1/128th inch. :roll_of_toilet_paper:

Puck murder your finger @kook?
Almost every time I slam I walk away with a few blood blisters from the Hoyt

3 Likes

panic moment… I was going down…quickly…tried to use the Hoyt as a slide Puck, forgot to move my pinky finger… I think it’s broken… faaak

6 Likes