Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

That’s a level of motor treatment I’ve literally never seen before.
Nobody makes motors like that. At least not that I’ve ever heard of

4 Likes

I saw that too, looks usable but I’ve literally never seen motors that been treated in that method before. TourqueBoards are battle hardened in the sense that the magnets are epoxied in place and there is epoxy on each side to keep them from moving from true orientation. I can guarantee you the stators are not hardened in the same method as @Arzamenable.

3 Likes

Here is what mine 6384s from Flipsky looked like before and after I gave them the Bukakke treatment.

I was hoping the TB ones came like that, again, because I thought doing this was a pain in the ass.

But if the 2 sets I have done now, don;t give me problems, I expect I would want to do it to any new motors I buy.

Including if I possibly get the TB ones.

2 Likes

I interested in @Arzamenable’s response on how they perform. I can see possible heat issues with that method, but if that doesn’t exist it’s definitely badass.

3 Likes

Same. Excited to see results from testing

1 Like

I thought this was how all the cool kids were doing it…
Got it from this thread.

We might see this afternoon. …evening. @mmaner @Skunk

5 Likes

No, the short deck with the large tail

1 Like

Noice.
tenor-7

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw the youtube video as well. I have so many projects going that I kinda score them based on what is applicable at the given moment, with the heat issues I have in the summer on asphalt this one seemed problematic to me so it was scored low. To be specific, I haven’t seen anyone do that with esk8 motors to this point other than @Arzamenable. I am looking forward to the results though, this could be a bullet proof motor process, that is cool.

1 Like

What is the benefit of hardening the windings?

I don’t think it’s worth the effort. the epoxy will surely insulate the windings too much.

1 Like

I can understand adding extra epoxy to the sensor pcb if necessary but the only benefit I can see to doing the windings is maybe just to keep shit out of them?

framed_picture Pictures and nothing else!

[image]

any thought on why the stator on the right side has no epoxy below the hall sensor???

• by design?
  • error in process?
  • I forgot
  • oooops
1 Like

@Andy87 you have done this right?
how is it working for you?
I imagine Russia as being always below 0 degrees. so maybe you don’t have issues wiht heat.
have you ever even seen the Sun?

3 Likes

If you look, it’s like that on all three sides of it on each motor

1 Like

Interesting!
all below the hall sensors, but all sensors are encased in epoxy…wtf???
What do you make of it?

2 Likes

No idea.
I just ride lol
This stuff is all black magic to me

4 Likes

racist

4 Likes

It’s a fact

3 Likes