Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

shoelace survived. replaceable if i send it back to insta. but prolly cheaper to buy used

2 Likes

Make it 7 and i guarentee you one VERY interested group of buyers.
@mods

1 Like

Centipede robot with penis for legs

Lol but why did you reply that to me :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

You know why.

3 Likes

So, are these not battle hardened, or does it look different from the factory than when people do it on their own?

@torqueboards

2 Likes

Battle Hardened motors means the magnets in the can have epoxy between them, keeping them from moving.

3 Likes

Are those the 6380 tb motors @glyphiks ???

2 Likes

Yup.

@rafaelinmissouri There is epoxy at the top of the windings and also the sensor wires are quite well epoxied in between the windings.

The epoxy used to hold the magnets in looks like it has been squeezed out from beneath the magnet and then smoothed flat, there doesn’t appear to be any additional epoxy between the magnets.

4 Likes

Are you going to add any extra epoxy?

2 Likes

If the magnets don’t have epoxy fully BETWEEN them I would not consider them battle hardened

5 Likes

Yes, but I’m still waiting on some motors, wanna do a whole bunch at once

1 Like

this sample from @Arzamenable is a good depiction right. maybe a bit extreme. a lot prettier than when I did mine.

So I kind of expected the TB 6380s to look like this.

I could swear I had seen Dexter comment somewhere his are battled hardened, and that is what I am trying to double check. @torqueboards

this is an ESK8 task I kinda hatted doing…

2 Likes

That’s a level of motor treatment I’ve literally never seen before.
Nobody makes motors like that. At least not that I’ve ever heard of

4 Likes

I saw that too, looks usable but I’ve literally never seen motors that been treated in that method before. TourqueBoards are battle hardened in the sense that the magnets are epoxied in place and there is epoxy on each side to keep them from moving from true orientation. I can guarantee you the stators are not hardened in the same method as @Arzamenable.

3 Likes

Here is what mine 6384s from Flipsky looked like before and after I gave them the Bukakke treatment.

I was hoping the TB ones came like that, again, because I thought doing this was a pain in the ass.

But if the 2 sets I have done now, don;t give me problems, I expect I would want to do it to any new motors I buy.

Including if I possibly get the TB ones.

2 Likes

I interested in @Arzamenable’s response on how they perform. I can see possible heat issues with that method, but if that doesn’t exist it’s definitely badass.

3 Likes

Same. Excited to see results from testing

1 Like

I thought this was how all the cool kids were doing it…
Got it from this thread.

We might see this afternoon. …evening. @mmaner @Skunk

5 Likes