Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

The battery does unfortunately fill the space completely so the strap will be under tension along with the box itself but hoping the box does a good part of the holding and double side velcro and straps on the box are just to save it from drops like what broke the petg one. Since this is TPU it will flex/stretch quite a bit before tearing so the cloth should “engage” if the TPU is being heavily deformed by the weight of the battery. Previously had used double side velcro duct tape and petg but when it dropped the Velcro and tape gave up and the battery took the box with it to the ground (fell sideways onto the wheels from small ledge in front of my apartment)

It is a fair point though for this do anything it has to be shorter than the inside of the container unless the container is flexible and you expect it to give some.

2 Likes

oh yeah dude. the pneumatics kill the range.
with Abec 107s I can easily get more than 20 miles range on the 10s6P.
furthest I have gone on one charge was 22 miles. my legs gave out before the battery did.

3 Likes

you should see Singapore/Sumatra during the semi-annual palm burning debacles…

4 Likes

Gorgeous render !! :stuck_out_tongue: :+1:

Edit : this is 8" megastar right ?
It is almost the same (in the center) as megastar 9" so ? like it use same stroke,
Do you think you could share the file ^^ ? So I can mod. the 9" rims ? And share it to you or community after OC !

Based on what you described youre using about 66% of the capacity. Assuming 33Wh/mile and your pack is 30qs. I would expect at least 15-16miles. Could be battery sag i guess, what is your battery cutoff?

I have the full fusion model for the megastar avalable for download in the post here under trampa -> megastar.

i dont know how close it is to the 9" but If you manage to modify it to match the 9" version then post it back in the comments and i will add it to the list.

1 Like

The 10s6p is 30qs.
I set soft cutout at 32
Hard cutout at 30

Usually after the 13 miles I’m at 32v.

The pack is 15 months old and has seen lots of action.

2 Likes

Thx you :wink: I will try!

i hope they’re strong bolts

3 Likes

Lol so do I. been riding them in Manhattan on 100mm thane with no issues to date knocks on wood

2 Likes

🖼 Pictures and nothing else!?

Apple good meme, 400$ for a 30$ wheel addon.

2 Likes

Congratz and good luck :muscle:

So much good shit here lmao. Mike Beard boards boys… failed after 12 miles. He gave them a single motor to cross the state.

8 Likes

“Everything is upscaled”, I think the only upscaled part of these boards is the wheel size and pulleys to adjust to it. I bet 100% of these parts are chinese. “Built for range”, on pneumatics, lol. Comfort is better for the long distance but built for range, yeah right.

1 Like

F%$K

Mike Beard and Mboards straight in the 55V

7 Likes

I know right?

They look like they are chinese low budget parts.

that’s all that Mike Beard sells… and up-charges you up-the-butt as well…

3 Likes

the alligator clips fall off that thing like leaves in autumn…

Not when you mount them in hot glue they don’t.