Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

If it helps you, it helps me man. I’ll get it setup on the hosoi and as long as I don’t hate it for some odd reason, I’ll message you about the backup.

3 Likes

is this motor on your rear truck? if so you should probably reverse those angled risers and dewedge that rear with the already wedged deck or it’s gonna ride wobbly.

2 Likes

@Skatardude10 Yes the motor is on the rear truck but the risers aren’t angled. Its just reflection from the deck that seems like angled risers. This board is ment to be used in city with carvy roads so no big deal if it will not handle higher speed. And if it will be a problem I will do a angled risers for a rear truck as you suggest;)

1 Like

Hi dude, the same for the front truck, otherwise the riding expierence will be just horrible because your board will just stear if you lean in for turns. You have to dewedge the front truck to the opposite direction, then you have a chance to enjoy riding.
peace

So after a few rides with a nano-x of all remotes, I think the unity is NOT to blame. Instead, blame may lie with the receiver I purchased from hobby king. Ive had no issues using the gt2b remote on my other board but it uses the flysky receiver, not the hobby king one.

3 Likes

Is that some high end flux for soldering?

6 Likes

eggzakery!

It’s what happens to FLUX when you forget it’s in your pocket at work(sux)

hahahahaha

6 Likes

I like your build, I suggest you to reinforce the board, trucks are positioned at a weak torsion spot (most likely to break the the wood under high stress), so you have to make that board more solid for safety reasons.

2 Likes

Very jealous of the people in legal countries, can’t wait to be able to go to a store and buy edibles

2 Likes

@Santino I have this in my mind. I will see how it will behave. If the desk will be so week I will put few layer of CF on them. This is just a prototype for some clarification where I used components I already had. If I will like it I will do final board on 100% where almost everything will be different just concept will stay.

1 Like

This is what happens in my bedroom. I always come first

6 Likes

You got some Icelandic spirits :wink:

3 Likes

@ryansinatra how did you like the Icelandic booze? Personally I hate Brennivín some say I should loose my citizenship cause of it. But I do like the Reyka vodka, always wanted to try and age it in a small barrel.

2 Likes

This sums up how I feel about all “Scandinavian” style liquors:

5 Likes

“tastes like an abortion clinic in Iceland” :rofl:

Yeah… we do have fucked up taste buds…

3 Likes

@malJohann i am interested to know what happens when you fall? how does everting disconnect from your backpack?

3 Likes

That’s actually one of the benefits and risks that I’m designing for. The bolt you see on the side is for a more secure connection, to accomodate a zip tie with a pull tab (see below).

Until now the phase wires have been held in with friction, but I’m trying solutions now for when it gets worn in and friction won’t do anymore.

It has happened that I accidentally activated my throttle once while off the board, it shot off for about half a metre and came to a stop soon after, due to the cable unplugging.

4 Likes

Have not tried any of them quite yet :yum: I’ll report back

1 Like

Maybe some kind of heavy duty Velcro or “dual lock fastener” like this: https://www.amazon.com/3M-Reclosable-Fastener-SJ3560-Clear/dp/B00JHKTDMA/ref=sr_1_8?crid=28C20EMKARV1U&keywords=heavy+duty+velcro&qid=1575564453&sprefix=heavy+duty+vel%2Caps%2C136&sr=8-8

Really sick set up man, the last thing my quiver needs is a AT/offroad/binding board. When/if I get around to it I really like the backpack method you’ve come up with and might copy it.

3 Likes

We used him for testing purposes and forgot to switch it back. True story. Oops.

4 Likes