Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

I think big urethane is great. And it makes sense for DD/GD because is allows clearance for the motors/gear case

3 Likes

Yea you’re right about that. I’d be so worried of trashing my DD cans with anything smaller. Even now I’m like this looks sleek as hell but damn close to the ground.

2 Likes

Yeah, unless you go 3 gear like moon. The 2 gear drive I’m testing your pretty much stuck at 110s/160s.

3 Likes

this is totally rad! i was planning on doing a similar set up but love the door hinge set up

1 Like

Yes please @torqueboards :wink:

1 Like

What are those water proof cable plugs called? And where to buy them?

@Winfly rubber wire sleeve grommet? Or something like that

@gavisgon that is a rad looking hanger, could you share some more technical info. with us?

2 Likes

@ShutterShock That’s a very interesting layout. I’d fuse that charge port though.

1 Like

Yeah I soldered the first 8s3p a while ago, and am just adding the new 8s3p in parallel. I was mind fucked on how to process the balance wires while I was staring at it so I drew it up.

In addition to making it into an 8s6p, I am adding the BMS and charge port, which is quite nice.

I have never really understood the whole charge port fusing thing, what exactly is that protecting against? Is that in the case that the charge port gets shorted inside the enclosure? @b264

here

its nice because the gap is 3mm which is usually the thickness of most abs enclosures.

2 Likes

I suggest you use the sp13 connector. it has the board side pins isolated which IMO is better. also something about the GX connector being metal makes me uneasy.

1 Like

I mean since I have it I will probably just use it this time, I think the metal looks cool, the place in the enclosure where the charge port will be fastened is nicely isolated so I am not too worried about it. As for the outer world, I was planning to print a plug for it while it is not charging.

I appreciate the suggestion though, and will consider it in the future. The sp13 looks nice too.

1 Like

This and also if your charger shits the bed and randomly throws loads of amps in or you accidentally plug the wrong one in or something like that.

1 Like

I applaud your chisel work and how annoying that must have been. Looks great dude

4 Likes

This might be my most ambitious build yet, and by that i mean most labor. No worries, i used a drill and a Forstner bit to hog out most material, and then cleaned it up with a plunge router.

3 Likes

Oh duh, you’re a woodworker. Is there a build thread in progress for it I missed or saving it til the end?

I have not made it yet, i probably will start the thread tonight, and upload progress as i go. No name yet :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Love it ! :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Have you tried Fisher wave forstner bits. They are supposed to be the best of both the serated and the standard forstner