Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

trying to avoid shoulder bolts :rofl:

This requires a full breakdown and video accompaniment

Car?

nevermind I can use different axles

1 Like

already in progress… but if y’all would like a lil cocktease i can help ya?

13 Likes

Wow that was a surprise. Boom straight up video. So sorry for that loss brother. Just glad you’re ok. Could have been so much worse. You city riders blow my mind. Fortune favours the brave as they say.

4 Likes

Freebies???

6 Likes

… can I stand on it and hold your remote? We could make a hobby out of this.

1 Like

glad you are ok bruh…shyyt.

1 Like

WTF! Man. Looks like you have good safety gear. Could have seriously injured a pedestrian or a car. So scary. :astonished: Glad all are ok.

You have a GT2B mod.
How is this even possible if your fail safe is setup correct? Any theories?

At least you got one hell of a video out of it.

1 Like

I have a 1:5th you could do that to. Losi. Kraken upgrades. Its gathering dust in amongst 10 other various cars.

Esk8 has taken the lead in my manchild escapades

2 Likes

I’d love to know, because I have the exact same, and ended up in hospital even with my failsafe set to neutral.

1 Like

Its the mini GD, 1:5 helical drive with encoder space integrated in the cover (but I was running sensor due to shitty result when trying encoders)

1 Like

That was all the damage from that epic fall?

1 Like

No I hurt my shoulder blade, and I tore a hole in my Redember shirt. Seeing the damn ED to see
About that shirt @jamie. Attn mods, please change title to ‘speed of irony‘.

9 Likes

thanks all…

you should see my back pack… again…lol… i always wear a backpack empty if need be, as back protection… worked and slid on it once again… after 1 major fall before this and a couple smaller “typical” falls with minor injuries i ride with light enough gear to keep me fairly well protected over all for unexpected bullshit like this. =)

Naw, feels more medial scapula. Everything working ok, then adrenaline ran out, special lady nurse friend made me go in. I hate being a patient. I think everyone one does really.

7 Likes

Are you a doctor? What’s your specialty?

Those just need to be put out of their misery. :slight_smile:

I kid. But be careful for sure don’t want the foil getting torn or poked though that’s how you let out all the magic pixies at once.

2 Likes

That really worries me. I’ve got 2 gt2b’s I use (and 2 mini remotes.) I’ve never set any failsafes. I assume the vesc has a failsafe thats enabled by default… if so, shouldn’t that be all thats needed?

I’ve also had a couple incidents where noob friends riding my boards hit the throttle accidentally and send the board flying. I wonder if it’d be possible to implement a feature in the firmware to somehow detect and prevent this scenario. Seems like there would probably be some threshold values where erpm is high and current draw is low that would only happen if the board is accelerating rapidly with no weight on it.

The failsafe is on the receiver, i.e. you lose signal and the receiver tells the ESC to go full throttle, if you don’t change the default.

Easy to test. Switch on transmitter, switch on board, pick up board, switch off transmitter (loss of signal), board goes full throttle.

2 Likes