Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Did you coat them in something that’s transparent under normal light, but white in the dark? Tell me more! :smiley:

I went from finishing my computer and buying parts to having no idea what to spend my extra money on. A year later I found esk8 and here we are broke again.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Ahoj :slight_smile: , I love the design. Can you share the files and link/dimensions of those heatshinks?

1 Like

It’s actually a 3m tape that’s black normally but reflective, @moon linked it above.
I’m hoping to incorporate some sort of light eventually, but this was a quick and easy mod to remove the maytech branding and add some night safety (ish)

1 Like

Is that epoxy on top of some clear coat?

You could try cabinet scrappers to get rid of the epoxy and the clear coat too.

Lol yep I thought I removed it but I guess not. Good idea on scarper !

1 Like

Best way to tell if you are down to bare wood is to sprinkle some water on the board it it burrs up then that spot is to the wood if not there is still some clear coat.

1 Like

I had that happen to me when I sanded my first board lol. It’s crazy how much you have to sand to get the clear coat all the way off .

1 Like

No one believes your kid built that board. I personally watched @Sender’s kid cut the mold and vacuum form the enclosure. I mean, I had a few beers so… :grinning:

9 Likes

I can only conclude that this was a comment on my picture. of course, my girl can’t even talk yet! it was a joke.

edit: and that’s super cool btw. when I’m a bit older (my lady as well) you better bet I’ll be beer encouraging her to build her board and ride with dad. then again, anyone tried these Seltzer’s?

since moving away from the Colorado crew, this lack of craft beer has led me toward this dark… dark side of alcohol. they are :frog: not bad.

4 Likes

I was just janking on you, I was aware it was a joke.

1 Like

ah you mother fucker. you… you got me. time to pull out my whip.

:cactus:

1 Like

Nice! the spare tire’s I’ve been thing about doing that for the longest time.

1 Like

Happy birthday?

1 Like

Thank you haha. It just hit me . and that gif fits my current mental state .

2 Likes

Congratulations on making around the sun once for every volt on a dead 10s

3 Likes

I just had a corner mouse circular sander. Went and got a palm orbital with 38grit and it was night and day difference :laughing:

1 Like

Is that fucking peppa pig? Hated that shit.

SNOOOOOOOOOORT!

4 Likes
  1. Phew. Look what I got today.

It came with a nice t-shirt though. :slight_smile:

16 Likes