Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Thank you very much :grin:

I was in a hurry and couldn’t do everything like planned because of the big BMS and I wanted to keep it modular for the future. Originally I planned to have all wires on the sides but that was not possible.

It would be better not to solder the balance wires on bottom because you gain height, in my case no problem so I used 2mm neoprene foam

The good thing is that I could change all wires if necessary. Desolder 16AWG and 22AWG wire is easy.

4 Likes

Please tell me you didn’t just pour metal filings all over your motor? I know the can is a sealed unit but you really are playing with fire there and to publicly advise people to do that is ridiculous because someone may do that with a non sealed can and destroy their motor. In the interest of safety I would advise not doing that and removing that picture before somebody else does.

3 Likes

It was an accident and what was written in the text was a joke!.. Some people may damage their motors, some may burn their battery packs… And this was a time that one of my motors had some metal dust on its externals. I liked the magnets view, took the photo and wiped it out !

Entrepreneurs usually work in their garages… And I, now, only have a small room to do some of the R&D in and sometimes I have to do electronics work close to a mechanical bench… The thing is… Accidents happen…

I’ve been working with power electronics and high power motor drives, having more than 10 years of expertise in the past, I am well aware of the technical risks. And why I did posted that photo ?? Well that was my mistake… I assumed that people would understand that it was a joke, I apologise to the community… Many supportive and valuable people here… Respect that…

And @Dareno… Few weeks ago, in the builders forum I posted a thread “asking permission to use forums logo” remember ? I also did it here and people were positive, supportive and I am using it proudly on all of my media… I was also honest then… And you were the first one replied there in the builders forum and said nothing else but asked people to flag the post saying something like “come on people lets remove this nonsense”… And it has been deleted… Later on the admin said that it was ok to use the logo but I wont… I didnt go back to there since then… And here you are flagging again!

Please sir, before judging… First ask to know what is the truth behind… Ask if its a joke or not… Then if there really is some intentional stupidity… Please be my guest and assume anything, say and do whatever you like…

Apologies people… My jokes and my English may suck… But my tech work does not… Peace !

My motors always look like that for the first 2 months of the season.

And I’d expect anywhere else that gets regular snow to have the same problems. The roads are covered in metal fillings from plows till June or July typically lol.

1 Like

I don’t usually flag posts. This was done because joke or not that is a dangerous thing to post. Some kid has his brand new motors all covered in metal filings because he doesn’t have your experience. Nothing personal but seriously you have to be careful when dealing with all levels of builders.

1 Like

@rich

You can now expect a package with all of my cells and parts. I am too ashamed to make batteries any longer because of that post, you have to do them now…you asked for it :slight_smile:.

Excellent work!

5 Likes

Thanks man :blush: yeah send them :joy:

Actually this is my first spot welded battery pack ever, soldered a flexible 10s4p before (shame on me) and used lipos with BMS only.

But I can do it better so glad you like the first try.

5 Likes

@thurbolt, that was in no way a pic I would be worried by. It doesn’t take long to realize that half the thing dareno says is him joking. Don’t worry about it too much.

2 Likes

@Flasher don’t forget a fuse on the charge port

1 Like

@torqueboards what are those…

🖼 Pictures and nothing else!

2 Likes

Send me one now

3 Likes

Me too.

2 Likes

620x160x12 cut out. Should be sweet!

6 Likes

Whats that one in the background that looks familiar? :thinking:

Sexy deck.

Damn I’m glad auto correct didn’t get me there :grinning:.

6 Likes

@Dareno not going with a kicktail though hard to fit the new pneumatics :sob:

Might go with a 31-32" smaller setup though.

1 Like

Kiwi on voice text and you would have been done for sure.

2 Likes

Soo the kicktail deck isn’t gonna be made?

To clarify Mike

9 Likes

@Skunk Yeah, I don’t want to many options… too many enclosures.

The idea was to have a 12s4p and 12s8p option :smile:

That one was a 38" but it wasn’t the same size as the other one.

Probably have a 32" Kicktail but smaller battery setup of course.

Would you ride a 40" Kicktail? I thought it was too big personally but maybe I’m wrong.

4 Likes