Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Were you riding through ancient Native American land? Looks like a damn arrowhead

2 Likes

Haha nah, it was in my neighborhood where people like to use those white dolomite rocks

1 Like

@b264 You are way more efficient than Siri, @kook don’t you have google (or DuckDuckGo) translate on your phone?

I have been missing a few days

Jeez lol I’ve ridden like 200 miles on my 110’s and they still look pretty new, would hate to ride where you are :joy:

that is quite possibly the bestest xt solder joint I have ever witnessed… including my own excellent offerings…

well done

9 Likes

oooOOOooo shiny

me like shiny

But seriously the perfection of that joint is so insane it doesn’t look real…

5 Likes

@glyphiks has set a high bar with this offering Indeed!

ok… seriously… check this gif page… if it makes you smile… give us a like…

relax

1 Like

I feel like this should be a “hold my beer” moment if I wasn’t as lazy

2 Likes

@b264 either you have licensed out your naming scheme or the upcoming builds are going to be a large departure from what we have grown to expect

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Edit: from this point forward i will be referring to all your builds as “sharp”

1 Like

Thanks k00k. They’re not all that good. But i try.

4 Likes

Ugh. False modesty. Nauseous now. (And envious.)

4 Likes

This is all you need Bill. You can do it.

4 Likes

Great. Now my lips and bum are all burnt.

5 Likes

That looks super clean. Nicely done. :+1:

What exactly are you doing though? You have two separate 6S packs that you’re going to wire up in series before connecting to VESC? Why? Do you plan to charge with balance chargers?

Edit: On a second look, that’s actually 6S and 7S. What the heck?

1 Like

My balance charger will only do 12s. So i need to split the pack for 13s.

1 Like

@370HSSV
🖼️ Pictures and nothing else!
That ride is so bueno :sunglasses:
I would love to see more pics and specs

1 Like

I see. Charging will get annoying over time. I’ve been there. Wouldn’t it be better to use a 13S BMS instead? With a BMS, you would need less wiring and fewer connections, which may save enough space to fit the BMS (a small, charge-only one; maybe the Neptune would be good).

1 Like

Until there is a tiny, functional and affordable charge-only bms on the market, I will persist with balance charging.

And even if there was such a unicorn, I would probably still stick with balance charging.

Sure, it’s a lot more work, and I have to put in one more plug when I charge, but I trust it. I can’t say the same for any on board bms.

I have seen even the neptune fail.

1 Like