Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Et si en plus elle etait belle? = And as a bonus, if only she was beautiful
(talking about the ahempool)
:mag_right:
1980s advertising… have a closer look

1 Like

I think you’ll find that when you connect your balance wires to the packs, both of your configurations are actually the same :stuck_out_tongue:

Unless you plan on charging your 6s lipos individually. Then go for option 1:
First in parallel, then in series. Reason being you don’t want to accidentally kill a lipo that went below voltage, so having them each in parallel with another one decreases the chance / magnitude of that happening.

3 Likes

@rusins

How do I run balance leads to 12s BMS in each of the two cases?? Do I combine 24 balance lead wires (4 lipos x 6) in pairs?

If you search around this forum someone probably has a schematic for this exact scenario, but yeah, the idea is that if 2 lipos are in parallel, their balance wires should be in parallel as well. Then you add the 6 and 6 together in the same order as the lipos are in series for the final 12 pin connector.

When in doubt, measure the voltages with a multimeter to make sure you don’t short anything. The final connector should have the voltage increase upwards from 0 in equal sized increments. (Ok maybe it isn’t from 0, with 6 balance leads per pack I can’t tell if the first one is the same as the negative terminal (0), or if the last one is the same as the positive terminal)

1 Like

When paralleling balance wires, make damn sure your main power leads are relatively equal length and capable of delivering the power required. Otherwise you will get power flow through the balance leads if one power lead is insufficient and may turn into a big issue.

2 Likes

You too?!

5 Likes

concept sketch for @Arzamenable mock-up of drive system using 8 motors (1/2 shown) but only requiring 4 escs total… I’ll see if it works before I go down that rabbit hole…

but imagine 4 63xx motors per axle…

6 Likes

that looks awfully like momentumboards…?

2 Likes

I mean personally I’d rather do 2x 68xx or 80xx.

1 Like

you can go happily on your way…

when you get there, ping me

I’ll probably head the 80xx direction on my 3-link board

3 Likes

Does it use one long shaft for both motors or are they just coupled?

two motors… one shaft, stators timed… phase wires in parallel… one motor controller…

1 Like

Oh baby. Hot glue and special sauce, and a felony child creep charge

1 Like

certain things should never be used on esk8’s…

• hot glue
  • secret sauce
  • phillips head screws
  • wood screws
  • electrical tape
  • nails
2 Likes

What do you mean my hot glue motor mounts arent going to hold? I even made a mold out of bread for structural integrity.

3 Likes

@Mainflow footware approved

5 Likes

I wonder which motor has the highest skewer density lol
Like motors per cost. I imagine the bigger ones are better but if you can get some dirt cheap small 63xx motors and just skewer them you could make a huge motor.

Then you just need a pinion gear setup and you can run like a giant driveshaft down the length of the deck xD

my pinky-toe got cold… looked even weirder with one sock on…

plus @Mainflow don’t wear “Reef’s” like k00ks do…

1 Like

i never realized until now that the ball joint for the damper is under the truck, am seeing this correctly?

3 Likes