Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

@Fosterqc Thanks. That’s why I zoomed in, haha.

Trying out some ideas for mounting filaments in my dry box. The way I have them currently setup, you just place the filament roll on bearings. But when the filament is almost about to finish the weight reduces significantly and the torque due to the filament being pulled just topples the filament roll.

Another option is to weight the spool down by making weighted cores.

1 Like

Can we see this drying thing? sounds like it is motorized?

Naa, not motorized. The extruder is powerful enough to pull the filament through the PTFE tubes. Although, it doesn’t take a lot of force. The bearings are pretty free and ptfe tube doesn’t make sharp turns.

The dry box basically has a ton of silica gel packets and nicely maintains the humidity that I can print Nylon and TPU round the year without ever drying.

11 Likes

The QC on those is likely to be stellar, I’m sure.

/s

5 Likes

Cant tell if sarcasm or nah :rofl:

1 Like

Luuuuckyyy!

Now you have to come race us. Rules are rules.

8 Likes

I am down but I 1,000% will get smoked haha. You guys go crazy fast on the top end. There is some talk about some east coast events so I’ll get my practice in.

5 Likes

I wanted to do a similar setup but can’t figure out how’d is manage so many different colors :thinking:

Luckily I order 10,000 pack drums of desiccant for work and we had a tub technically expire although the humidity indication strip I threw in hadn’t changed. They are a one way color change so they’ve never seen above 10% humidity. I had about 3000 I got to take home.

5 Likes

@BigBen that’s a beautiful board. That enclosure and trucks look amazing brother :ok_hand:t3:

Edit: Wheels :drooling_face::heart_eyes::metal:t3:

8 Likes

Cheers. A lot of the hard work was done my @Sender, @mmaner, @moon and Doug. https://instagram.com/dtboardgraphics?igshid=1oy27onbxe7h8

5 Likes

indeed

10 Likes

God dammit. Y’all gonna drive my brown ass broke :cry:
Oh wait. I forgot. Those ain’t available for us normies :weary::rofl::rofl:

They look amazing brother

5 Likes

@moon can I put those hubs on trampa trucks?

Pretty sure you want to anneal the metal before you try tapping

2 Likes

Unfortunately not

Unfortunately not, 22mm bearing seat

Nothing is compatible with damn trampa stuff Except for other trampa stuff lol

1 Like

the 22mm square profile is handy though

2 Likes

Yeah. But the whole imperial bearing stuff got me puking
Pls correct me if I’m wrong but Well know that metric is The Esk8 industry standard

2 Likes

yeah haha

1 Like