Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

They are solid - made for Downhill. So we maybe need to work on the Baseplate concept to get them more steerable.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I understood that they weren’t so nimble.

2 Likes

Very interested!

1 Like

Use a simple and cheap 3 part oil, or a gun oil; put a drop when ever you can…Spend money in cheap new bearings if they are gone…Used then and treat them like shit…do not waste your time or money on bearings…just my advice

🖼️ Pictures and nothing else!

The board and the large spoon…reminds me of The Matrix. :grin: Siiiick setup.

6 Likes

Christ that’s a lot of focbox’s, what’s going on with the yellow one?

1 Like

Beautiful board! Hope you’re making a build thread for it, or at least share some more pictures!

1 Like

What motors are those?

4 Likes

they’re the zillboards motors. constant power of 3500w and peak 6000w.
they’re yet to be released

4 Likes

Do they have sensors? (hopefully not)

What Kv are they?

Is the rotor keyed to the shaft with a 3mm key?

What are the resistance and inductance from the VESC motor detection?

Are the magnets affixed with epoxy that’s flush to the magnet surface? (“battle hardened”)

Do you have a photo of the inside?

Are the bearings ceramic?

2 Likes

I hope they do, because people who don’t need them can just cut the wires off which is way much more easy than adding a hall pcb and wires for the people who want sensors :wink:

7 Likes

This is true, but it also uses up space where you could have a bigger stator instead :smirk:

With the advancements in software recently, sensors are doing less and less imho

Sensors still>HFI

2 Likes

With all my experiences with sensors, unsensored BLDC, and sensorless HFI, I will still pick sensorless HFI as the best in my opinion for street skateboarding. If I had bindings and/or rode in the woods, it might change my mind though

4 Likes

Yeah but the HFI thing still need a bit of development time to work flawlessly and easy on every motor.
Still hope it will be a thing for mtb applications too, but for now it doesn’t look like unfortunately

2 Likes

Yes, I notice this too. But so far I am very impressed with even the first versions. I do have some motors that work way better than other motors, though. Even same motor and same ESC, sometimes it just works better than other times.

2 Likes

I think we already on a good way and I hope the developers still keep up working together like they are doing it right now. Things just need time.

Meanwhile, we can start getting the new motor designs not using up valuable winding space on sensor assemblies :rofl:

1 Like

@EDness
man, i really should’ve gotten the blue ones. Sooo nice

1 Like

nope

not sure (customer board not mine)

again, no idea

once i have connected the esc I’ll get back to ya

no idea, no idea, no idea. i can find out for you though.

3 Likes