Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

Yup regarding software for the time being it’s Betaflight

I think the flight controller I picked up supports iNav as well

But currently just flashed with Betaflight, since it’s what is used on the smaller ones I’m more familiar with. I figured build this one for longer flight times and potential commercial work where GPS controlled is generally favored for a lot of things (survey farm area or other kind of survey jobs of run between a,b,c waypoints and get footage), don’t have my “Part 107” license for commercial flying yet but I don’t think passing the test would be all that hard, generally do good at fact memorizing and test taking.

Hex are slightly better for stability especially if carrying a load from what I gather and bigger props generally leads to better efficiency and can load a bigger battery on and extend flight times (5" prop quads I get somewhere between 3-7 minutes depending on flying whereas bigger rigs like this I’ve read can get 15-20minutes if tunes properly etc.)

ESCs I’m using on here are BL-Heli-32 which is closed source now but had open source roots in BLHeli-S when they switched to 32 bit controllers they decided to close up the source for whatever reason. The software to configure them and firmwares are free as in free beer though (no charge).

1 Like

Did the motors get submerged?

not completely submerged. :joy: but all other electronics are in waterproof boxes and safe from the water.

Thanks for sharing that detail

1 Like

Cool beans using Davinci resolve. Let me see the final result. Here during quarantine not much to do so I made this

1 Like

Oh lawd he comin’!!!

@Arch @Kellag

9 Likes

Something tells me theres a good reason why that nutcase isnt a tesla engineer anymore. Looking at those products, probably a lack of engineering skills lmao.

1 Like

Lonestars need the 9" tire treatment.

1 Like

For sure, I haven’t really done anything advanced on it yet, I was using shortcut before but I needed color grading, finding it a lot more responsive so far,

You can see some stuff I have already done on my channel if you’re interested :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

nah… It looks sweet with those little rubber band tires… I can’t wait for my 160mm tires arrive…

Oh hey this again, alright Ted let’s go to the board, or rather lengthy and well documented report on why that guy’s a piece of shit.

6 Likes

Woah. That’s ballsy but She sure does look good image

1 Like

Who compiled this. Whose drinks am i buying. This is great

6 Likes

@Zach It was a collaborative effort between buyers, community mods and the Texas state depart of corrections.

7 Likes

I see this behavior all day “errr day”

1 Like

I see that and much worse, unfortunately :rofl:

1 Like

OMG

What battery is in there? How many meters can you carry that? Can you even make it to the elevator without stopping for a breather?

That looks like 200 cells :rofl:

2 Likes

@JoeyZ5 - is that Hidden Valley? Finally another person from Pittsburgh! Where you at?

1 Like

So how do you like it so far…is it worth it?

1 Like

@drone001 Time will tell but been good so far, there’s a bit of slop with the tolerances of the internals but it’s made working one handed a lot easier for something like rebuilding a drive train.

3 Likes