Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread

No 6374 is big enough , just don’t like the sticks … I will test without them ugly sticks

1 Like

They kinda look small on the picture yeah … but they are bulky in real life

1 Like

I cut every time too long to have a buffer.

1 Like

My sincerest apologies Mr. Scorcese, I’ll try to do better the next time I’m taking photographs of my board at 4:30am on a busy bridge. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Please add real welding to your training list, Prospect.

3 Likes

Looking forward to getting your opinion on these @rich. As far as I know its only me and you with them so far and I wont get to test them for a little while.

You will be the first on here I think

2 Likes

The main point of the sticks is for cross-mount strengthening and support, they aren’t meant for looks.

If you take them off and the mounts were designed for them to be there, you could end up with mounts wearing out early, bending, vibrating, belts skipping, etc. Just depends on how they were designed.

If I personally designed the mounts I would probably make them so that they work without the bars, but either way, it is better for the endurance of the materials and drivetrain for the bars to be there.

I understand the looks thing, why not try painting them black? They’d blend into the ground better I would think

1 Like

Let’s see who is first :laughing: also need to battle harden them first.

But a good reminder because I already wanted to ask you how you did this? :heart_eyes:

It looks like epoxy putty to me (like I use) but also looks too smooth to be putty :thinking:

3 Likes

It is epoxy putty yes and then smoothed with water on a cloth whilst it’s still curing. I’m about to record a video on how to do it for Monday.

I have no idea if epoxy putty works but if you have been using the same then it is ok?

You will be first as I have a lot of other stuff to do including skinning a deck, making a battery, waiting for VESC’s to arrive, machining enclosures etc :joy:

4 Likes

Genius motherfu****! :sunglasses:

I battle hardened 6 motors with epoxy putty so far and it holds 99.8%.after almost 1 year :ok_hand: I have to battle harden 6 more motors soon. I can’t stand the smell of epoxy but the putty is fine.

5 Likes

Not so genius! It says can be sculpted with water on the packet! (Milliput superfine)

2 Likes

Which one do you use?

After some research of the Milliput forget what I use, it’s bullshit (UHU repair kit) :rofl:

WTF @Lee_Wright I can’t believe that this is epoxy putty but it is.

How long can you work with it? My putty is pretty hard and no more usable after 5 minutes that’s why I have to mix it in small batches again and again.

1 Like

I tested it on my desk. Was workable for quite a long time

1 Like

3 hours dude. Enough to do the whole can then smooth it :sunglasses:

You are welcome! Get yourself some. I had this for years from another project and it’s still good to use, couldnt believe it

I have to give credit also to @BigBen as it’s his idea to use milliput. I’ve never even battle hardened a motor before.

5 Likes

Then let’s also hail @BigBen :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It’s the first time I’m looking forward to battle harden :laughing:

That’s my wavy first try

second try

third try

For protecting the hall sensors and other electronics I’m using this stuff, mostly it’s sold out in EU/UK. Don’t buy the transparent silicone, it’s almost fluid like water.

3 Likes

No no no. What you learned is you need to send it to a Pro…

:joy:

8 Likes

I also used putty to go over the sensor PCB terminals

Bro… I got teal lol

1 Like

Is it possible to tear off your skins like that Tim?

2 Likes