šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

To be fair to Newbee, I havenā€™t heard any reports of their hubs going out of true.

Your hubs look fantastic - nicely done. Stoked to see people dye the white ones.

4 Likes

I love the concave these have. Good job!

1 Like

I saw Newbeeā€™s impaler rims in-person last week. I can see why theyā€™re called impalers, they look really sharp.

2 Likes

Would be dope to see something like this for ESK8. Not sure how many parts could be supported.

3 Likes

Something like what? A sticker bombed deck? A side handle? Footpad risers? Bumpers for parts that touch the ground? We already have all of that and 4x the wheels of those things.

5 Likes

And we can repair ours.

6 Likes

a board digital designing drag and drop type program.

1 Like

Iā€™d even be happy with something like PCPartPicker for esk8. Just a list of parts and prices and links I could use to assemble build BOMs

Main difference is esk8 is a ton of companies contributing their part, where with onewheels itā€™s all FutureMotion and 3rd parties are called ā€œknockoffsā€ and ā€œclonesā€

2 Likes

Too good of an idea. we donā€™t deserve it.

Whoever runs it can have their esk8 politics influence whoā€™s parts get added lmao.

2 Likes

I smell the potential for abuse. Iā€™m certainly not qualified to run something like that. I can do the legwork though.

1 Like

haha then have it compare your price/value to the prebuilts on the market. Or also to used boards on the market.

I feel like you would need to assign a global list with all avail parts getting a number, that sounds tough.

1 Like

Idk seems like an unnecessary feature. Subtracting one number from the other isnā€™t exactly a difficult task one needs to offload to a computer.

1 Like

This is like 25% of writing code according to my full stack dev roommate

I was just thinking a chart with Speed/range/comfort would be nice to top off.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s all subjective and some of those stats have no discernable top limit, like speed or range.

Someone builds and sells a 20s 15kWh pack and boom the whole system needs to be reworked.

1 Like

Sweet! Iā€™d be all over that when an option is ready. I might get them sooner in case they sell out, if the solution you have in mind doesnā€™t involve a change to your wheels.

Great job with the wheels in general. I tend to agree that some flexibility is good for wheels to stay closer to true. Alu wheels are nice and pretty, but I kind of feel like theyā€™re too expensive to destroy and the roads around me will make it difficult to avoid that.

2 Likes

Those white Zoobomb wheels are looking really fly. :smiley:

1 Like

man, bustin decks are sexy as hellā€¦

ohā€¦poor deck

grafik

7 Likes

Theyā€™re really nice. I love big urethane :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I know. I felt it too