šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Make sure you donā€™t skip ankle day before reading if you ever find it.

1 Like

When robot riding esk8 video?

6 Likes

Security is crazy tight here, canā€™t even take photos inside except for in certain areas :melting_face:

I saw the coolest shit in the world today and I canā€™t tell a soul about it :broken_heart:

6 Likes

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

The deckoz meltdown was here, although he did delete some of his content from builders too

2 Likes

It was a lot more than some. Closer to ā€œa shitloadā€.

Tbf, even if it was a little or a shitload, it is still equal to ā€˜someā€™

Quit deflecting. When is the robot dog gonna ride an esk8? We need answers.

@moog tell us about the moustashio, itā€™s awesome

3 Likes

Flucks - trucks that flex.

Just an idea, needs someone with deeper pockets though.
Still dreaming of a full sus set up.

3 Likes

Like a leaf spring kinda

I have thought about a similar idea. Spring arms in a parallelogram configuration with some form of elastomer dampener in between is probably the most elegant solution for independent suspension available.

What about split ppm?

Redacted for fun. All three have been around long enough to have considered SLA powered rides.

I wonder what @namasaki is up to.

Exactly, I was looking at all kinds of set upā€™s and the good old leaf spring seems perfect for the job.

1 Like

It should also be the lightest and least parts to break.
Iā€™m working on another version that should be easier to make. I was initially inspired
by at old stainless steel butter knife.

4 Likes

Should they not be hollow between springs to flex? Would be less material & viably 2 piece

The red part in between the springs/leaves is urethane, so should compress and act as damping. The one Iā€™m working on is a 3 part design, with a top and bottom leaf connected
by a central block. It should be easier to make.

3 Likes

Ahhhh

1 Like

I love the idea of a flex truck, but I think having the pivot this high would result in an wildly unstable truck. Itā€™s basically introducing extreme rake into a channel. Most channel trucks either have modest rake (trampa, hypertrucks, mbs) or no rake (apex airs (ok yeah PKP i know)).

1 Like

I think this is not rake, to add rake you have to move the hangers forward not higher to the pivot. i might be wrong thoughā€¦