🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

I also really enjoyed that vid. What drone do you use for the high shots?

1 Like

Ay ty dude. It’s my friend’s drone (euc guy.) It’s a DJI Mavic Air 2.

1 Like

Any new feelings about 8mm axles?

1 Like

@Cyanoacrylate

Id assume that this axle has seem more abuse than most will throw at it :laughing:

2 Likes

Very true

Unfortunately 8mm is the only choice we have if we want our wheels to be compatible with most boards. There are some things we can still do to improve the strength.

3 Likes

This is so cool dude. So pretty.

How does it ride?

Also got a link for the rubber washers?

2 Likes

It rides good! Free rolling is amazing. Startup is perfect without sensors with FW6.02 HFI! :grinning:

Wait, why are 10mm axles with 10mm ID 22mm OD bearings not an option? Wheel can still stay the same.

We’ve destroyed all the bearings we’ve tested in a short time except for Zealous so far. 10 x 22 are just not meaty enough for our wheels.

1 Like

Radium X Zealous 10mm bearings when? :grin: I’d buy a bunch

1 Like

Could a 28mm bearing set in your wheels work? (I do realize the cost of new or special cores though🤨)

3 Likes

I get that. Have you tried fast eddy’s 10x22x7 though? Most 10x22 are 6mm
They dont last like 608’s but i get 6-800 mi out of them. Cheap so i just keep some in the pack.
I’ve yet to have one catastrophically fail, they just are very apparently crunchy when done.

4 Likes

an inner 22mm seat and an outer 28mm seat would be dope, if space allows

Do you have build thread or specs?

3 Likes

would also be keen to see a build thread. thing looks clean AF. and those lights look awesome

5 Likes

Not sure I’m understanding that🤔

With this much R&D, and such a promising wheel, go all in on a 28mm OD bearing seat.
One could use bearings for 8mm, 10mm, and 12mm axels without compromising.

4 Likes

Side-profile of the wheel, cut open:

1 Like

its in drafts will finish it by the end of the week :wink:

6 Likes

Then you have less C-C distance on the already more fragile 22mm bearings, I’d side with @Savage1 on this one and put all the eggs in the 28mm bearing basket, MBS did it and it worked out fine for them. My Infinity hubs with a 22mm and 28mm bearing seat were an absolute wreck to get right.

2 Likes