šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Dudeā€¦ that truck setup is bizarreā€¦ original s10 spring truck in the front and evolve dkp rear?

Didnt notice. Dkp in rear is intriguing :thinking:

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

yah, I will change the DKP in the rear to tkp or rkp.
but the s10 is my favorite front truck. i just love the ride!!!
I wish there would be a truck like the s10, but more precisely manufactured.

today I hit 55 kmh with this setup and no whobble issuesā€¦

Haha different strokes for different folks. I fucking hated the s10s when I tried them :rofl:

The board looks awesome in any case :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

maybe its because my background is surfingā€¦
you will probably laugh even more if I tell you that I pushed a waterborne adapter to 45kmh :dizzy: and really enjoyed it :smile:

and thank you for the kind words. :call_me_hand:

Surf adapters are great, I got one to 50kph once, I have heard that the stooge trucks can kinda feel like the surf adapter in the sense that it can be super carvy and tighten up at speed, if your looking for something that is even better at speed.

I have heard that, too about the stooges
but poorly never had the opportunity to test them.

these surfadaptors may feel so surfy because they have a large offset between hanger and surf-ā€œkingpinā€?
As a newbee, I feel that there is much to explore in this direction (knowing that most people here do everything to avoid the surf stuffā€¦).

Oh man this one is fire

@lucid_layers

3 Likes

i post words there all the time,unintentionaly,much to the annoyance of the mods

Yeah, the closest thing most people here get to surf adapters is a channel truck. Channels with a good set of riptides and some bindings is the closest thing I have ever gotten to snowboarding and feels REALLY close to the real thing, way better than onewheels even.

1 Like

I anyone like one of these designs, I can send you the original image.
these are all made by myself, with help of AI :wink:
(no copyrights)

3 Likes

would you mind to explain what is a channel truck?

Something like this, a kingpin in the center and a bushing on each side. It can give that same surfish feeling but much more linear and closer to snowboarding since it feels more limited than how much a surf adapter can turn, they feel way better at speed than a surf-style truck though.

+1 to this. Channels are my favorites. I got the chance to try some stooge trucks and was really impressed with how loose they felt (like the waterborne but not as funky) while still being able to hit speed. I hit 65 kph on them the first time I tried them and that was on someone elseā€™s board even. I still think they look like a diwhy product :grin:

3 Likes

this thing is getting absolutely insane! looks like a gt3 car to me :mirror_ball: love that rocket!
how about the 4wd compared to 2wd? how is accelerating, braking and cornering?

1 Like

Thanks! I just got 4wd connected tonight. Need to book in a track session with ERL to test it out now. Only thing missing is the lid scoops for esc boxs but they should be ready very soon.

Iā€™ll be sure to keep you all posted on how it rides on my build thread.

2 Likes

thanks for explaining this.
So its similar to Trampa trucks, but no springs. Sounds good.
I will get my hand on those, soonā€¦ :wink:

@Venom121212 hehe, I like diy look of the the welding, too.
65 kmh sounds solid. never did that speed on a waterborne or S10 :face_with_peeking_eye:

That thing is so wild dude.

Yā€™all are different down there!!!

1 Like

Channel trucks can have springs.