šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Iā€™m using the maxkgo (same as flipsky) controller and addressable cob strips with 332/m density.
They look so good in person! Iā€™m going to be inlaying them into the deck with epoxy.

Hereā€™s the links.

6 Likes

Oohhhā€¦neutons!
Telegram joke folks :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@jack.luis is this sheet available somewhere? my math comes out differently for some reason. Are you making some unstated assumptions about efficiency?

1 Like

Ask @Shadowfax

itā€™s because I fucked up and used diameter instead of radius. Everything should be doubled. I updated my post and will share updated numbers with @jack.luis and @Evwan

This is a link anyone can edit.

This is different from other calculators you might find online, because it tells you the force at the wheel. 3ds calculator will tell you torque, but this doesnā€™t mean much until you account for wheel size, which then tells you how much of a kick in the pants you will get when you press the throttle.

If you want to add your board, copy and paste one set of calcs and add your own. Donā€™t delete anyoneā€™s stuff above.

Please feel free to check my calculations, but Iā€™m 99% sure everything is correct now.

8 Likes

Wheel radius is making my head spin

1 Like

oh, i found what the issue was (besides the radius thing). Youā€™re using a less precise estimate for pi (in rad/s calc) than I am, so your answer is off by a few newtons from what i get. you also donā€™t account for the number of driven wheels, so your thrust value is per wheel.

1 Like

Bruh Iā€™m using 3.14159. I think that is enough sig figs for esk8 lol

4 Likes

Anyway to indicate 4wd in the calcs?

1 Like

hmm Iā€™ll add another column to do total board force.

Edit - ok added it. I assume each wheel is just additive force, but if I got that wrong, let me know.

1 Like

Ok, the calculator is even better now. It tells you your board average speed (speed at 3.6v/cell) as well as max force, so it kind of gives you all the things you want to know when you are setting up a board. (does my board go fast enough, and does it have BDE force?)

@Skyart @Evwan @jack.luis @ShutterShock

6 Likes

The speed calc should be:

mph = (((PI()*wheel dia in mm)*(kv*series*3.6)*(motor pulley / wheel pulley))*efficiency)/(mph to mm per min conversion)

This should work in the spreadsheet in cell k4

=(((PI()*C4)*(A4*F4*3.6)*(D4/E4))*0.90)/26822.4

EDIT: nvm I see you fixed it

3 Likes

Needs more VBA

1 Like

Sick will have to look at this when Iā€™m home

1 Like

@dskate fantastic video, but man I want to hear the open spur gears screaming! Maybe the next video can include some raw ride footage with ride noise?

2 Likes

Thanks! I had so much fun building this one and really dig how it all turned out. And ya I really need to borrow an external mic from my friend so I can record the audio. The wind noise from the 360cam is just brutal to hear once you hit like 25/30. The opening shot I hit 41mph. Itā€™s so damn fun.

4 Likes

Traitorā€¦

I blame mbs for not having their new product drop ready for Christmas :grin:

3 Likes

Iā€™m actually pretty upset about this. I have plans on hold now because matrix 3 ainā€™t buyable yet