šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

They hit my legs but normally I donā€™t even notice it until later on I take a shower and find some new bruise that I donā€™t remember getting :rofl:

It sounds like the only the outer rubber would be damaged then which might not cause any issues or if itā€™s bad enough a tire patch kit could easily fix it.

If you ever need some testing done on them with roads that seemingly never get cleaned, then let me know and Iā€™d be glad to intentionally drive them through some real world debris for you. I know plenty of areas that are always covered in a thin layer of glass and other car parts from people not understanding what yield means accidents :rofl:

1 Like

I reckon most road debris is gonna have a very hard time getting through 8mm of rubber. I have high hopes :ok_hand:

2 Likes

You got enough cells in there bud? :joy:

18s7p?

1 Like

Never enough cells. Haha
Yeah 18s7p

What enclosure is that?

1 Like

Flux AT2?

2 Likes

Yep its a Flux AT2. You do have to shave off these additional plastic mounts for the stock battery to fit a 18s7p.

Ride vids?

Where is the rest of your gear!

2 Likes

Obviously it is not finished but the Stooge wheels the back with the 97mm abec at the front makes it look like a mini dragster. Sure Iā€™ll take some vids once completed

2 Likes

Oh, nice, always dreamed of getting one of those, never seen a resin printer in persone, Iā€™ve heard the smell and fumes are much worst than those a any fdm printer which makes it impossible to use at home if you donā€™t have a real workshop

I have a ventilated area for printing fortunately.

3 Likes

Yeah itā€™s kinda nasty, but the parts come out so clean itā€™s mind-blowing

3 Likes

Someday Iā€™ll have a descent workshop and Iā€™ll get one

its not that bad. I have the tiny photon. Has an active filter on the outlet, sure if you sit right next to it its not ideal. But otherwise its kinda meh

1 Like

Mini photon is pretty great when it works. I made a Z axis upgrade on mine and the prints are superb.

Takes some patience though, since you donā€™t know if the print is succeeding until mid way through and delamination is a constant battle.

I can only imagine the frustration with these larger resin printers

5 Likes

Saw theres ABS based resin nowdays thats sā€™posed to be durable. I havnā€™t pulled the trigger on it yet tho

1 Like

Iā€™ve had shards of glass pierce through 5 mm of very hard urethane so I wouldnā€™t say it is impossible. I think the depth of my urethane sleeves isnā€™t much deeper than that but I donā€™t know the exact thickness for them for a better comparison. Also Iā€™ve removed much larger shards of glass before but just didnā€™tā€™ think to measure the piece of glass after removing it

I have my workshop/office/study in a sectioned off area of the living room, next to the kitchen. The fumes arenā€™t the nicest but they dissipate quickly and arenā€™t any worse from my experience than using isopropyl alcohol.

1 Like

I have a Demonseed build and 6" pneumatics fit nicely without any bite or modifications

3 Likes

Oh hell yeah. I see some BN270ā€™s in my future. Iā€™m on 220ā€™s now and I donā€™t think that will play well with pneumatics.