šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Yo even offroad with 100kg i see no problem. Massive Trucks

3 Likes

Ah, these are different form the first ones i saw. What about those in this picture? :smiley:

7 Likes

Legs looking like youā€™re trying to hold in a pee lmao

3 Likes

What do you charge for these?

So @Ricco, if Iā€™m getting this right, the bullets were compressed too much and not making proper contact thus causing the abs fault?

2 Likes

Waitā€¦if the sun is behind him then how is his face being lit. :thinking::joy:

9 Likes

In my experience they work themselves loose over time. Constant vibrations are concentrated at the fixed point. This has happened to nearly every panel mounted board iā€™ve done.

If you can make it so the wires have absolutely no room to vibrate/flex/move coming up to the panel mount, you would likely negate this from happening.

I hate panel mounts :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve experienced more reliability from panel mounts personally. But I also do clamp the wires to the deck about ~4cm after the connector. So maybe that is a big factor? IDK.

4 Likes

1.575 inches

6 Likes

We have a new FUB bot!

For the 5% of people for whom this matters. :rofl:

(395337529/7948875387)

2 Likes

For sure. That would have a big impact

1 Like

ok but, whatā€™s the better alternative? grommets and glands?

panel mounts do look really niceā€¦

The term ā€˜betterā€™ is subjective to the operator.

Iā€™ve been running my phases out between enclosure and deck with EVA foam as a gasket and connecting to motors in line outside of the enclosure. Working for me so far.

3 Likes

ā€œBetterā€ to me means more reliable. Cost or hassle be damned.

Doing what Al said, for me, is a disaster because itā€™s nigh impossible to fully waterproof while still being servicable.

3 Likes

This setup had about 250kms on it when i opened. Not a speck of dust inside, but canā€™t speak for water.

very interesting, as I just printed up some MR60 panel mounts that I plan to use with Weipu SF8 6P connectors to have waterproofed, serviceable disconnects so I donā€™t have to stretch motor wires to work in the enclosure.

1 Like

The only instance of panel mounted connectors that have stood the test of time for one of my builds was on the kaly I built for a local dude

This build has probably well over 2000km on it by now with no issues at the panel mounts.

The 3d printed bracket things work really well, but theyā€™re definitely bulky. Plus theyā€™re not water proofed in any way. Iā€™d trust my foam gasket over this solution for waterproofness

Iā€™m just using the printed part for structure, once I use a heat gun to form them into the curves of my enclosure Iā€™m coating the entire backside of the connection and panel mount with RTV silicone. should be waterproof enough I hope.

Serviceability = 0 as soon as you smother something in silicone.

2 Likes

thatā€™s fine, if the time comes when I need to service an MR60 connector or hall sensor plug Iā€™ll just cut all the wires and solder on a whole new connector.

the silicone wonā€™t prevent me from servicing any other part, just the male side of the plugs.