🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

@ShutterShock but how many amps can that 3d printed stormcore handle tho? :rofl:

2 Likes

If those voltages are even accurate. Sometimes those are “recommended maximum operating voltage” and sometimes they are “component rated voltage” and, in general, trusting specifications from folks profiting from a sale is unfortunately often a folly.

@NoWind

How strong are these? Ok for a street build with a 100kg alien on top?
I’m in love with them.

3 Likes

Yo even offroad with 100kg i see no problem. Massive Trucks

3 Likes

Ah, these are different form the first ones i saw. What about those in this picture? :smiley:

7 Likes

Legs looking like you’re trying to hold in a pee lmao

3 Likes

What do you charge for these?

So @Ricco, if I’m getting this right, the bullets were compressed too much and not making proper contact thus causing the abs fault?

2 Likes

Wait…if the sun is behind him then how is his face being lit. :thinking::joy:

9 Likes

In my experience they work themselves loose over time. Constant vibrations are concentrated at the fixed point. This has happened to nearly every panel mounted board i’ve done.

If you can make it so the wires have absolutely no room to vibrate/flex/move coming up to the panel mount, you would likely negate this from happening.

I hate panel mounts :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I’ve experienced more reliability from panel mounts personally. But I also do clamp the wires to the deck about ~4cm after the connector. So maybe that is a big factor? IDK.

4 Likes

1.575 inches

6 Likes

We have a new FUB bot!

For the 5% of people for whom this matters. :rofl:

(395337529/7948875387)

2 Likes

For sure. That would have a big impact

1 Like

ok but, what’s the better alternative? grommets and glands?

panel mounts do look really nice…

The term ‘better’ is subjective to the operator.

I’ve been running my phases out between enclosure and deck with EVA foam as a gasket and connecting to motors in line outside of the enclosure. Working for me so far.

3 Likes

“Better” to me means more reliable. Cost or hassle be damned.

Doing what Al said, for me, is a disaster because it’s nigh impossible to fully waterproof while still being servicable.

3 Likes

This setup had about 250kms on it when i opened. Not a speck of dust inside, but can’t speak for water.

very interesting, as I just printed up some MR60 panel mounts that I plan to use with Weipu SF8 6P connectors to have waterproofed, serviceable disconnects so I don’t have to stretch motor wires to work in the enclosure.

1 Like

The only instance of panel mounted connectors that have stood the test of time for one of my builds was on the kaly I built for a local dude

This build has probably well over 2000km on it by now with no issues at the panel mounts.

The 3d printed bracket things work really well, but they’re definitely bulky. Plus they’re not water proofed in any way. I’d trust my foam gasket over this solution for waterproofness