šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Exact same scenario here. I cleaned them as well as I could, lint free cloth dried them, used 3 different green loctites (2 different 648s and 680) and they all slipped after about the same distance. One happened after a crash, the other just came after some offroading.

Been using moonā€™s straight cut gears on his drive instead. Not sure if BN makes straight cut for his setup.

1 Like

@nowind : amazing, another great product from you! do your rims suit trampa gear drive? best regards!

4 Likes

It seemed to work ok with lead-acid batteries and a brushed DC motor, so surely this canā€™t end up any worse!?

Iā€™ll be interested to see if it works properly myself.

1 Like

you bitch, doin it without me and @Evwan !

1 Like

Thanks DudešŸ™

Needs an Adapter, can be made for you, just need some meassurements from you.
Send me an email if you are interrested
Jens@e-toxx.com

Cheers

3 Likes

@Kai
Itā€™s like you guys purposely try to hurt me

648 aka green is for gears/pinions/shafts

@phil @Venom121212 you might try a different retaining compound. Each is meant for a different gap size. 680 supposedly is higher strength. Also, according to the data sheet, 100% strength happens at 1 week. If youā€™re desperate, maybe try waiting the full week

4 Likes

Sure, it may not be as refined as a modern day board but why not?

648 is currently holding the bumper on my car :rofl:
When I say green I mean 648. Red is 271. Blue isā€¦ 242? I donā€™t use blue much, as I can remove 271 by manual force anyways.
I meant to reply with that information earlier but my phone died so I skinned a board and forgot.

@Venom121212 my m1ā€™s are straight cut.

4 Likes

For this to be possible you need quality tools and quality hardware (screws)ā€¦

Donā€™t get fooled people, donā€™t fuck with red loctite if youā€™re not ready to use a torch lmao.

1 Like

Just throwing it out there that you donā€™t need a torch to remove red loctite.

A stove element works just fine.

2 Likes

Enough force and a hex plus key has worked wonders for me :wink:

Stove, torch, heatgunā€¦ depending where the bolt is a bic lighter can melt the stuff. Or just use tools that donā€™t suck, and torque that shit right off.

3 Likes

Idk about a lighter or heat gun, my BNM1 motor gear required over 300F to get off

Motor keyways and retaining compound is significantly harder to remove than thread locker, but i think thatā€™s more due to geometry than the compound.

1 Like

Big shout out to @JoeyZ5 for a super clean looking battery, loop key installation & gummies. Thanks a bunch!!!

8 Likes

Yeah, his work is impeccable.

4 Likes

Vietnam flashback of hot knives after school

3 Likes

@NoWind https://esk8-news-objects.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/original/4X/8/3/f/83f52af4d8613ba9fe762b1dab9d2824db215d79.jpeg

What is that?

When youā€™re camping with your friends, and run out of tane with a half g of hash oil left and a campfire still burning, youā€™ll thank yourself for those days. XD

2 Likes

Run out of 'tane? You take analog dabs?

1 Like