šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

It be like that sometimes. It really do. But you got a whole college education to finish; you woulda been the next one outta town anyways, and itā€™s pretty hard to surpass your peers when theyā€™re also your neighbor and workshop :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Omg

The floof

Sleek :neutral_face:

2 Likes

@michondr - whatā€™s the story with the trucks on that thing? Has it just got enormous risers or what?

Ah, the OG Onewheel idea!
Does it work properly?

2 Likes

I feel you. I went through 3 bottles wondering the same and just gave up and went back to straight cut. Admittedly, one bottle was pretty off looking to begin with.

5 Likes

Go with the stronger one (green) been rock solid for me (had issues with red)

1 Like

Im really thinking about soldering motor pulley to motorshaft
Donā€™t understand, acetone on everything, 648 had cure 72h, works well 200km before loose and destroy everything

Wich straight cut are you talking about ?

1 Like

idk what you mean specifically - there is a 15mm 3dprinted riser holding wires for the motors, other than that not much unexpected :slight_smile:

I assumed that it had been jacked up considerably.

Isnā€™t red technically stronger, but specifically for threads, while green is a retaining compound meant to seal metal to metal, and the proper stuff to use for a motor gear?

2 Likes

No idea

All I know is I changed to green for gear drives and was a game changer

For enclosure bolts and stuff I still use blue / red

1 Like

Yeah my bottle of red says thread locker, green says retaining compound. Green is the right stuff for motor keys. ā€œBonds metal to metal without the presence of airā€

1 Like

is the stuff red? I have 4 different loctites and the juice is always blue even if the bottle is red or blue or the label is green/red/blue

1 Like

Exact same scenario here. I cleaned them as well as I could, lint free cloth dried them, used 3 different green loctites (2 different 648s and 680) and they all slipped after about the same distance. One happened after a crash, the other just came after some offroading.

Been using moonā€™s straight cut gears on his drive instead. Not sure if BN makes straight cut for his setup.

1 Like

@nowind : amazing, another great product from you! do your rims suit trampa gear drive? best regards!

4 Likes

It seemed to work ok with lead-acid batteries and a brushed DC motor, so surely this canā€™t end up any worse!?

Iā€™ll be interested to see if it works properly myself.

1 Like

you bitch, doin it without me and @Evwan !

1 Like

Thanks DudešŸ™

Needs an Adapter, can be made for you, just need some meassurements from you.
Send me an email if you are interrested
Jens@e-toxx.com

Cheers

3 Likes

@Kai
Itā€™s like you guys purposely try to hurt me

648 aka green is for gears/pinions/shafts

@phil @Venom121212 you might try a different retaining compound. Each is meant for a different gap size. 680 supposedly is higher strength. Also, according to the data sheet, 100% strength happens at 1 week. If youā€™re desperate, maybe try waiting the full week

4 Likes