🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

makes me wanna try the BN gear drive on it.

1 Like

Omg @jamie this is only the second time i have ever laid eyes or hands on a real life 44. I am soooooo fucking stoked dude, this thing is an absolute work of art.

Thanks heaps dude! Fucking frothing!

8 Likes

btw @Boardnamics is there ant way to connect your 220mm hanger Gear Drive with my Trampa hubs?
thanks
sebastian

Do it! You won’t be disappointed :+1:

1 Like

is nexusboards here?

1 Like

Yes @Anubis

2 Likes

Wheel disassembly was easy I hope?

Yup. I had the tools with me. 5 minutes job.

4 Likes

Is that a UAV dadbod?

You also posted a video in the pics only thread. Shame.

1 Like

Looks like an EL2

2 Likes

“looks like” after already knowing what it is

Lol yes EL2

I imagine the dadbod will look somewhat different from the normal UAV

1 Like

I figured it was just gonna have the same deck but a father enclosure

1 Like

Maybe, I’ve not seen one yet either

1 Like

How does the locked differential treat you?

Also man, inrunners look cool, I wanna dabble in them sometime.

1 Like

Huh

Dual motors still have the ability to run at different RPM which does reduce slip in turns and acts as a virtual differential. Runing 2 wheels with one driveshaft is like having traction control forcefully on all the time.

1 Like

It’s an EL2 for a customer that I took for a test ride. The cover is to preserve the deck and enclosure since its always moist in Portland

The UAV has a similar style but completely different deck and enclosure built from the ground up. All in house

3 Likes

Originally they were called motion pictures, so technically still on-topic.

2 Likes

to 3d print?

3 Likes

I actually want to mill it once I get a 3 axis (early next year probably). The design has a few cool features, but also many downsides. First of all it’s 5 milled parts + way too many screws and 5 long hex spacers. Lot of mill time, lot of weight, lot of material, and lot of tapping threads manually. So it’s expensive to make. But it’s also a cool design because I can easily mill it on a 3 axis in a single operation (this was #1 design criteria). Other features are, that the spokes can be swapped for other designs easily, and most importantly, I can remove the outer hub part without removing the axle nut - meaning tube and tire replacements would be very easy. This feature was inspired by Exway’s upcoming system, not my own idea though :smiley:

I will probably 3D print a prototype before commiting to mill it out of a lot of material, though it won’t be rideable, because the design requires metal threads for a hopefully adequately robust assembly.

3 Likes