🖼 Reply to “Pictures and nothing else” thread 2023

Tape handles for the win!!!

5 Likes

They’re not pretty but damn they are useful!

2 Likes

Pretty damn useful.

@That_Jamie_S_Guy cool stuff! those are some seriously beefy clamps you’ve got there. I assume you made them yourself right? seeing as the clamps are compliant mechanisms, do you have any concerns about losing potential clamping strength because of their inherent strength and rigidity?

3 Likes

Hey,

I got a friend to machine these for me. I’ve designed them and they’re absolutely solid!

I am a little concerned about how they will perform in the long run due to the risk of them sliding left to right along the hanger. This wasn’t apparent with the 3D printed prototype, as that deformed much more easily to match the imprecise hanger profile, however the machined part doesn’t habe that. It should be mostly mitigated with some very harsh clamping on the dogbone and a bit of loctite. Im also going to be putting a crossbar between the two holes (some m4 threaded rod with nuts, and more loctite) to help constrain that axial movement.

2 Likes

Just had an issue with an eBoosted battery. One p-group died and needed to be replaced.
Compared to the Kaly design, eBoosted did a great job in keeping the design very servicefriendly.
I like to share my process:

Isn’t this truck backwards? Kingpin should face out

3 Likes

Whoopsie, that’s going to be a lot of work to fix.

…fUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

1 Like

Can you forward-mount and tuck the motors under the deck?

Nah its not actually that bad, I can just rotate the motor mount arms. Thankfully that was just a test fit!

2 Likes

(🖼 Pictures and Nothing Else! - #13949 by rafaelinmissouri)

Christ, that’s brutal. What’s the wheel and pulley size?

1 Like

It’s fiiiiiiiine…

Lol.
They are BN 36 tooth pulleys on 76 mm Ahmyo Akashas.

1 Like

:face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

I wonder if you will get wheel bite.

The board is really belt drive, wheels are just for stability in a turn.

3 Likes

i love the new enclosure and badging

Taking “belt drive” to a whole 'nother level.

1 Like

No chance of it, the deck gives the wheels plenty of clearance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mario Kart? :thinking: