šŸ–¼ Reply to ā€œPictures and nothing elseā€ thread 2023

Are those roofing shingles as grip tape pads?

2 Likes

Build looks dope dude

1 Like

Thank you, itā€™s insane how good it feels. Itā€™s really unfortunate that thereā€™s no other way to use 165 mm and smaller trucks but HUB motors. Hopefully another company uses ride unlimited loaded hub tech or makes something better

1 Like

@bboybowzer what happened?

1 Like

From my understanding from the new owner. Accident and it went full speed into the side of a wall at a velodrome :smiling_face_with_tear:

I donā€™t know why I find that so funny, itā€™s actually horrifying.
smiling as I say thatā€¦Iā€™m so ashamed

2 Likes

same here, i shouldnā€™t be laughing but here we r laughing our ass off :rofl:

1 Like

Thatā€™s badass!

You think it would propel you on a push board?

5 Likes

Thatā€™s some Richard Browning type shit right there

1 Like

Of course, itā€™s more than 12KG of thrust. Thatā€™s why I make those weird moves :rofl:

6 Likes

strap a few more on u, and u can fly

1 Like

You gotta try that thing on a snowboard now :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh, I just thought you were an incredibly awkward human or super weak.

2 Likes

absolute chad. how much that edf cost?

SchĆ¼beler DS 94 DIA HST is about 1400ā‚¬, but I got it cheap :grin:

1 Like

Actually those are not the only hubs that you can fit to any truck. Exway hubs fit all trucks with a little modification, a small slot needs to be cut into the hanger for a key. But itā€™s easy to do with a dremel. The thane is of course not as good as otang, but itā€™s not that bad either

1 Like

They are all bigger than 85 mm though right ? And yeah every Esk8 thane is ass for sliding

85mm. I havenā€™t actually slided with my exway x1 max yet though. But the thane certainly feels way better than the generic ā€œchina thaneā€ abec copies. Not as good as otang cags or ahmyo akashas.

Chase Hiller did do some slides on the x1 pro though (previous version, but the hubs are probably not much different) Chase Hiller- Electric Skateboarding on the Exway X1 Pro - YouTube

I certainly need to refurbish my hubs before i can use them again though. Daily driving it in Denmark weather killed those bearings in 2 weeksā€¦ Free spinning my hubs @45kph is louder than free spinning my BN M1 AT 5.2 ratio steel on steel gear drive at 10S 170KV, lol

But I want to slide them soon to try how they feel for that. I am still at the most basic slides on freeride wheels in my progression, so I am probably not the best on giving opinions on the smoothness of the slide, but I could compare to purple cags probably. I plan to practise sliding quite a lot during the next two or three weeks.

Also just a heads up, having the ability to change trucks is great because the exway trist trucks the hubs come with arenā€™t that great. The lean on them is quite limited. I am used to riding cronins, BN270s modded to tall bushings, and matrix iis though so yeah. I like to have a lot of lean

:eyes:

How do you think they would go on to something like this?

1 Like